The Rain {Pov Keith}

The picture above is supposed to Keith, just so you know.

-Kanoa

"Hey Keith. You in there?" questioned my best friend, Jackson. His eyes were shining in the usual mischievous manner matched with his signature lopsided grin.

The two of us were wasting time together until our timers counted down to finding our soulmates. Our soulmates. My soulmate. The idea was exciting and nerve racking at the same time. Thankfully he was acting like such a idiot, which helped me get my mind off of how numb I was feeling. Why do I have to be so nervous that I feel like I'm going to throw up my breakfast?

"Uhm..what?" I muttered confused, his words pulling me from the deep thoughts that I'd been contemplating for the past several days.

"Where do you go when you're thinking that hard?" Jackson questioned, making an absolutely contemplating look. His eyebrows drew together, his lips turned downwards and the eyes grew distance. He was thinking it over so much that he stumbled over his feet and crashed into a blonde girl, about our age, causing her smoothie to explode all over her.

"You have got to be kidding!" she roared, looking down at her ruined shirt. Her mouth mouth gape in surprise and anger, her small nose scrunched and her eyebrow furrowed dangerously. Did I hear a beeping?

"RUN!" I shouted darting down the sidewalk, hoping that Jackson was following me. Once I reached the park, our original destination, I collapsed onto the ground. My arm was laid across my eyes shielding them from the sun. Hearing a body collapse beside me I lifted up my head to see Jackson laying next to me, a hysterical laugh coming from his lips.

"Let's-Let's not do that again," I told him panting slightly. I shook my head at the memory of the girl's furious expression.

He laughed louder, his deep voice resonating through the air. "We are totally doing something like that, again!" Jackson exclaimed as he pumped a fist in the air. Why does he always get me dragged into his shenanigans?

"That girl looked like she was just about to kill you," I reminded him. He grimaced. Did that girl's timer beep? Or was it Jackson's?

"No kidding," he replies, sounding absolutely serious. A long silence stretched between us, thankfully not an awkward one. More like a peaceful and comfortable silence.

"You nervous?" I finally asked the question which had been on the tip of tongue the entire morning. Was that girl his soulmate? Should we go back? Maybe I should tell him? Though I instantly grimaced at the memory of how of how angry she had been.

Jackson has always been that one friend I didn't quite understand, but I understood him at the same time. He's also the kind of friend you would do some seriously stupid things with. Like bumping into that blonde. His soulmate. How did he not notice his timer beeping?

"Yea, I guess I'm just worried about what she'll be like," Jackson announced. Well, if she really is that blonde then you're in for a fun time.

"To be honest I never have been able to get what girls are thinking. To add to that girls are weird in their own special way. Though if they're your soulmates, I'm pretty sure that means they're your perfect match. Yeah, the two of you may fight sometimes, but you'll always be there for each other," I reasoned. I'm sure you both will love each other.

"That was deep," he said once again sounding serious.

"Yeah I know, but seriously all this soulmates deal-e-o is kinda depressing. It's like up until the moment you meet your soulmate nothing else matters, and until that moment everything you do and the paths you take shape you for when you meet your soulmate," I paused to arrange my thoughts into words. "Plus you have this doubt that makes you nervous, wondering if your soulmate will like you, and not to mention wondering if you've already met them," I pause to breath before continuing. "And on top of that if there is someone you like who is not your soulmate and you know that for a fact that they aren't, you're doomed. It k-kinda just makes you not want to try to find love because it wouldn't be as great as it will be with your soulmate," I said finishing my monologue.