Mysteries {POV Jackson}

"Here we go. I think that will be enough," Taya muttered as she looked down at the tray of food that lay against the counter top. Her golden blonde hair cascading around her shoulders as she fluttered around the kitchen getting food together. "Or should we bring more?" She wondered aloud before she biting her thumb. A habit of hers?

"Taya, what's really wrong?" I asked making her jump almost as though she had forgotten about me. She looked me in the eye with a blank expression before she gaze fell to the floor.

"I don't know what to do," she said so quietly that almost didn't hear her.

"I'm listening."

"I don't understand what happened. Now Issac's hurt, Paige is breaking. I feel like I've been thrown into the deep end and I can't swim," she said all of this with her gaze focused on the floor, only briefly glancing up at me. Her shoulders were slumped, and her features displayed a frown that made my heart twinge.

I took a step closer to her which caused her gaze to shoot up to mine. "Stop worrying so much, from what I can tell, Paige is tough. And Issac he'll be fine, he'll live to annoy us all another day," I stated trying to lighten the mood. By the small upward curve of her pink lips I knew I had accomplished that.

"What don't you understand?" I asked after about half a minute, remembering what she had said before. The smile was instantly replaced with a troubled frown.

"When um..we..met this morning my timer still had a few hours left until I was supposed to meet you but then suddenly you were there. The timers never lie, but s-somehow ours did. Like time sped up so that we would meet," she muttered biting her thumb again, her stormy grey eyes distant.

"That is odd," I agreed leaning against the kitchen island, crossing my arms across my chest. The society is never wrong and here they made a mistake. How is this possible? My head reeled with the possibilities and with endless questions.

"Never mind it was a stupid idea anyway," she muttered before going to pick up the tray.

"No you're right. This is weird. Before we met I was buying an umbrella from a vender. The woman said something really strange. She knew Kieth's name and that today was our day," I told her. Taya eyebrows furrowed together and she opened her mouth to say something, but I was on a roll. "Our time somehow sped up and that isn't normal at all. Something is going on," I continued.

"Should we t-tell Kieth and Paige?" Taya asked as she got a better grip on the tray. Her voice shaking.

I shook my head not knowing the answer. "Do you think we should?" I asked her looking her in the eye.

"Yeah, I think we should after all they are our friends. They deserve to know," a serious note creeping into her voice.

"Alright."

•••

"About time you guys! What took you guys so long?" Kieth exclaimed as we walked through Paige's bedroom door.

"Nothing much," Taya replied her gaze focused on the tray in her hands.

"Yeah 'nothing'," Kieth teased, making quotations marks with his hands. He glanced between the two of us for a moment before he began to smirk.

"What's that face for?" I demanded not liking that look he was giving the two of us. Taya merely ignored him and strode over to the desk to setting down the tray on top of it.