"Come," King Gale and I began to walk behind the ruin and stood on the edge of a cliff. Multiple targets were spread out throughout the plains below us. King Gale painted each target with either blue or white paint. "There are a total of 10 targets. Each target will be worth one point. However, the last target shall be worth five points," King Gale explained, handing me a bow. "You may take the first shot. You only have ten arrows, so I suggest you hit your target on the first shot," King Gale suggested. I drew back the bow with a deep breath, ready to shoot my bow. The arrow flew forward, letting go of the string, hitting the first target. King Gale clapped his hands together. "Good job, Udo. " Nice shot," King Gale said as he picked up his bow and an arrow. He released the arrow, striking the same target. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

By now, nine of the targets had been shot. Both King Gale and I never missed a shot. My fingers were nearly numb, turning a crimson red. Sores appeared in the shape of the string of my bow. 'One more. One more target and y/n and I will have King Gale's blessing.'  I drew back the line of my bow while looking for the final target. "Forgive me, King Gale, but where is the 10th target. I can not see it," I said, still searching for the last target. "Really? I see mine," King Gale said. I saw King Gale drawing his bow at me from the corner of my eye. He aimed his last arrow at me. I immediately turned my bow towards King Gale, hesitant but ready to shoot King Gale. 

"What is the meaning of this? This is not part of the challenge," I hissed at King Gale, keeping my defense up. "Come now, Udo. You didn't think I'd make your challenge that simple, did you? You're too clever for something so simple," King Gale kept eye contact with me. "So, what is the real challenge?" I asked. "Me," King Gale said as he released his arrow. I hissed as the arrow grazed the side of my arm. Blood started to spread across the sleeve of my white robe. I released my arrow, skinning the side of King Gale's face. He grunted lowly, tossing his bow to the side. I did the same, getting into my fighting stance. King Gale took off his shirt, revealing healed scars from years ago. I took off my robe, throwing it onto the ground. 

King Gale pulled out two large metal daggers. He tossed one at my feet. I kicked it back to him. "I don't need it," I growled. King Gale picked up the second dagger, pointing both at me. "Very well," King Gale began to advance toward me slowly. I used my powers to create ice to appear under King Gale's feet. However, he kept his footing steady and kept moving closer to me. Once he was close enough, he punched me in my chest with the wooden side of the dagger. I groaned, stammering back. Before I could recover, King Gale dashed toward me, stabbing me in my right shoulder. The stab wasn't that deep but deep enough to bleed. King Gale then kicked me in the gut, making me fall. 

I used my elbows to back away from King Gale as he continued to walk toward me. "Is that all you have? You wouldn't have gone down so quickly if you loved my daughter like you say you do. Maybe, I was wrong about you," King Gale then bent down towards my ear. "Maybe, Y/n was wrong you," something snapped inside me. 'How dare he? Y/n was wrong about me? She chose me because she loves me. I'll show you how much I love her.' I kicked King Gale in the chest, hard. He gasped for air as he stammered back, dropping the two daggers. I stood up, darting towards King Gale. I jumped on him as King Gale reached for one of the daggers. King Gale swiftly wrapped his arms around my head, putting me in a chokehold. 

He began to squeeze my neck, making it hard to breathe. I punched King Gale in his gut as hard as possible. His grasp around my neck became weak as I continued to hit him. Finally, he let go of my neck. I could see the bruises start to form around King Gale's gut. I stood over King Gale, offering my hand to him. "It is over, King Gale. I have proven myself to you. I have proven my love for y/n. Now, will you uphold your word? Will you finally give y/n and me your blessing?" I asked. King Gale looked at my hand for a second before smiling at me. He took my hand, and I helped him up. "Yes, Udo. I see now how much you love y/n. I respect you not only as a warrior but as a man. You and y/n have my blessing," King Gale said, suddenly bringing me into a hug. I hugged him back, letting out a sigh of relief. 

-------------------------------------------------------

When we returned to Ulstead, the citizens were already going about their days. We proudly rode towards the castle, showing off our bruised and slightly bloody chests. "Udo?" King Gale called out to me. "Yes, King Gale?" I waited for him to continue. "I hope you forgive me for how I treated you in the past. I would like for us to have a decent relationship," King Gale said sheepishly. I chuckled before responding. "I would like that as well," King Gale sighed with relief as the castle came into view. 'Finally. The war is over, and I've made peace with Y/n's father. Nothing could ruin this moment.' 

"UDO! FATHER!" I heard y/n scream. King Gale and I looked up to find y/n. She was standing on top of the castle, near the gate. Her hair was white, and her eyes were icy blue. She was in her nightgown and had a silk robe wrapped around herself. She crossed her arms. In one hand, clutching a letter. 'Probably the letter King Gale sent her.' Y/n's feathers were ruffled as we approached the castle gate. "Morning, Snowflake," King Gale shouted up to Y/n. "MORNING?! IT'S DAMN NEAR 1 PM!" Y/n hissed. "Snowflake, language," King Gale said sternly as we rode past the castle gate. As we rode towards the stables, Y/n flew from the castle wall and followed us. 

Once in the stables, Y/n landed behind us. "Where were you two? I was so worried. I was just about to go out and try to find where you two had gone," Y/n said, her voice full of worry. 'I do feel guilty for worrying y/n.' I turned to y/n. "You already know about the challenge between your father and me. Today was the day that I proved myself to your father," I said as y/n looked at my wounds. "And what was the challenge?" Y/n said, gently pressing on one of my open wounds. "Archery," Y/n raised a brow at me. "Udo, an arrow couldn't have caused this much damage," Y/n narrowed her eyes at her father. "It started as archery. However, it turned into fighting," King Gale pointed at his bruised gut. "I wonder what would mother think?" Y/n smirked smugly at her father. King Gale's face went pale. "Um, I'm going to take a bath," King Gale quickly excused himself, leaving Y/n and I alone. 

"Did you win?" Y/n asked, raising a brow. "Yes. We finally have your father's blessing," Y/n smiled widely at me. "Really?" Y/n said, hope filling her eyes. "Yes," Y/n squealed, wrapping her arms around my neck. Y/n laughed out as I spun her around. My deminer got severe as I put her down. "Now, about our relationship," I said, placing my hand on y/n's cheek. "I want to be with you, Udo. You are the only man I've ever fallen in love with. I don't want to lose you. However, I can't just leave my kingdom," Y/n said sadly. "I know, and I love you too. I don't wish you to endanger your kingdom," I sighed, unsure what to say. "If you can't leave the fey and I can't leave Senara, what if we do what we did for the past two months?" Y/n suggested. "What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head. "You shall remain with the fey, and I shall stay in Senara. We could write to one another. Occasionally, we could visit one another," Y/n explained her idea. I hummed, taking in her words. "It was hard being without you. I missed having you by my side," I wrapped my wings around Y/n. "However, I think you and I can make that work," Y/n kissed me all over my face. "Thank you, Udo. True, it'll be hard for us, but I know we can do it," I chuckled at Y/n, relieved that we can finally be together in peace.