𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

Mace Windu takes over the hologram with directions for the padawan to follow, "Anakin, We will deal with Count Dooku. The most important thing for you is to stay where you are. Protect the Senators at all costs. That is your first priority."

"Understood, Master," Anakin respectfully nods as the hologram flickers off.

"They'll never get there in time to save him," Padme looks at the readout on the ship's control panel, "They have to come halfway across the galaxy. Look, Geonosis is less than a parsec away."

Padme looks at Astrid for help. The Apollonian girl sighs, before flicking on some switches. Anakin quickly puts a hand over Astrid's to stop her. The Senator looks up with a cheeky smile as he glares down at her.

"If he's still alive," the boy huffs, tightening the grip he had on Astrid's hands. Astrid knew that the boy loved touching her because whenever they were around each other, he'd always be touching her somehow. Not that she was complaining, she loved it.

"No need to be a pessimist," Astrid shook her head, feeling the tension rise in the room as Anakin's intense gaze beat down on her. "It's not like we haven't already gone against their orders."

"You heard Mace Windu," Anakin's head dips closer to Astrid. Padme bites back a squeal at how close they had gotten in the small time of their conversation–god, she was an amazing matchmaker. "He gave me direct orders to stay here."

"He gave you direct orders to protect us," Padme chimes in, a grin on her lips. She flicks the rest of the switches Astrid couldn't and the engine roars to life. "And I'm going to save Obi Wan. So if you plan to protect us, you will have to come along."

Astrid grins at the brunette girl before turning back to Anakin, who fights a smile, "looks like we're going on a mission."

"Hopefully one that we complete."

"Shut up," Astrid playfully narrows her eyes at Anakin, "nothing bad is going to happen."

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

ASTRID SILENTLY GROANS–SHE HAD JINXED THE MISSION. The three of them sat in a conference room, surrounded by a dozen Geonosian guards. Across from Astrid on the large table was Count Dooku, she had never met him in person until now. He seemed much wiser in person than he did through the stories and rumors.

"You are holding a Jedi Knight, Obi Wan Kenobi," Padme's voice was stern, "I am formally requesting you turn him over to me, now."

Astrid and Anakin share a look. His was of worry, eyes sweeping over Astrid's form to see if she was okay; hers was of irritation, annoyed with the idea of being captured by the Count.

Count Dooku smiles, leaning back in his chair, "he has been convicted of espionage, Senator, and will be executed in just a few hours, I believe."

The Apollonian's eyes widened and the new information. She could only pray they held it off until the Jedi came. Padme huffs, "he's an officer of the Republic, you can't do that."

"This is Geonosis," Astrid chimes in with a defeated sigh, "they don't recognize the Republic here."

"Correct, Ms. Pagonia," the Count grins at her, "however, if Apollo were to join our alliance, I could easily hear your plea for clemency."

"The people of Apollo are loyal to the Republic, not even I could convince them otherwise," Astrid scoffs, her Senator persona quickly taking over. Her eyes were fierce and her jaw was tense. "Since I won't join your rebellion, I assume this Jedi and Senator Amidala will also die?"

"I don't wish to make you join our cause against your will, Senator, but you are a rational, honest representative of your people and I assume you want to do what's in their best interest. Aren't they fed up with the corruption, the bureaucrats, the hypocrisy of it all? Aren't you? Be honest, Senator."

    Astrid's eyes narrow on the Count, "As I said before, my people are loyal to the Republic."

    "Then you will betray your Jedi friends?" Count Dooku frowns, clearly faking it, "Without your cooperation, I can do nothing to stop their execution."

    "What about her?" Padme's brows furrow in worry, she didn't want Astrid to die.

    "No one will harm Astrid," Count grins menacingly, sending a cold shiver down Astrid's back. His cold eyes bore into the girl. "She's too precious to my cause to harm. You, however, are a different story," Count turns back to Padme. Astrid's mind spins with what the Count had just said. What did he mean?

    "Am I to be executed also?" Padme scoffs.

    "I wouldn't think of such an offense. But, there are individuals who have a strong interest in your demise, M'Lady. It has nothing to do with politics, I'm afraid. It's purely personal, and they have already paid great sums to have you assassinated. I'm sure they will push hard to have you included in the executions. I'm sorry but if you are not going to cooperate, I must turn you over to the Geonosians for justice. Without your cooperation, I've done all I can for you."

     "Take these two away," Jango Fett instructs the guards, pointing at Anakin and Padme. Astrid's eyes widened, not knowing what she had done to cheat her own execution. Anakin and Padme, on the other hand, seemed relieved that Astrid wasn't to be harmed.

    "Wait–"

    Astrid was cut off when there was a pinch to her neck. Looking down, she sees an empty syringe being pulled out of her neck by the Count's Force. Anakin tussled the guards trying to get to Astrid, but was in turn shocked by their blade.

     Astrid's eyes felt heavy, her head swam with millions of thoughts. Her vision blurred and sounds meshed into one tiny beep.

    Then it was all black.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫!

𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐚𝐲.

𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭!

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈━◈