"Pests", Ezra whispered into my ear and I slapped his arm playfully, "wanna make out?". I bit my lip and gazed up at him, he was already staring at me, his bright green eyes gleaming in anticipation.

"Always", I tugged on his wrist and led us out of the room; lord.

~~

"We're going to the beach", holy shit, "we need to get out more, as a family, so we're going to the beach".

"You hate the beach", Caleb's nose scrunched up, "I mean I'm down, I'm bringing my surfboard too".

"You hate the beach? Why?", I frowned at Zane who eyed Scott, who proceeded to side-eye Caleb who rolled his eyes.

"He doesn't like sand", he replied and I actually laughed, stopping when I realised they weren't joking.

"What's wrong with sand?", I asked my eldest brother who didn't seem to be finding this amusing.

"It gets everywhere, it itches, and you could sink in it", he muttered, I had to literally swallow my laugh, "but I'm sure I can cope for one day". Look at him making sacrifices for us.

"Can we bring Ash?", Xav scratched behind the dog's ears and grinned, "he'll love the beach, y'know, seeing as he can actually go there". He sent a pointed look in his twin's direction, Xander's eyebrows pulled into a frown and he leaned forwards.

"King doesn't need the beach", Xander scoffed, "he's better than that". Their debate about who's pet was better was never gonna fucking end at this point.

"Anyway", Zane cleared his throat, "we leave after breakfast, bring towels and a change of clothes". What was this, a school trip?

"I'm so gonna bury you in the sand", Xav slapped Xander's shoulder after putting Ash down on the ground.

"I'm gonna chuck you in the sea", he replied, hitting him harder.

"I'll chuck you both in the sea", Scott interrupted, "get lost, me and Izzy are watching a film".

"You're excluding us?", Xav gasped, "I see where I'm not wanted". He jumped off the sofa like it was on fire and left the room, Xander followed suit shortly after; I snuggled back into Scott and pressed play on The Lorax.

"Zane looks like The Onceler", I commented and he shook with laughter, "don't tell me it's not true".

"You're something else bebita", he chuckled, "something else".

~~

I'd packed my little bag of everything I needed and put on my bikini; it was eleven in the morning and we were about to leave the house, some people were taking longer than others.

Ahem, Xav.

I looked at myself in the mirror one more time, fuck yeah. I'd chosen a baby blue bikini which was probably gonna get me killed when I stepped out of my bedroom but oh well- it was hot and I wanted to show skin. I sent Ezra a picture of me and he replied within five seconds with a long row of heart-eye emojis. Of course.

"Bella! Hurry the fuck up!", as if he wasn't the one who was just showering, "I'm getting impatient!".

"You're always impatient!", I yelled back, grabbing my bag and leaving the room, "jesus christ". I jogged downstairs and I kid you not I nearly stepped on Ash as he jumped up on my legs.

"Ash, down!", Xav called, appearing in a pair of bubblegum pink swim shorts, "love the blue".

"Love the pink", I smiled, "Xander you seriously rushed me and you're not here?".