Beauty

Kaburamaru clung loosely around his neck as he ran, only huddling tighter when he had nearly tripped on a divet in the dirt. The wild flowers were beautiful, but rightfully trampled over for the sake of catching up to the demon. It didn't look strong, but it was quick, and swift.
Choppy, black hair swung in the snake's face as the man it clung to was hit in the face, getting knocked to the ground.

Everything looked so beautiful outside, but the circumstances couldn't have been any worse.
Giyuu Tomioka, a demon, couldn't be found. Sure, he wasn't a "normal" demon, but anything could go wrong. It was like having to keep an eye on a troublesome child. The blood on the floor was just one thing that could have made her think the worst, and it did.

The moon was beautiful. It was like so many stars had offered their brightness to it, just to illuminate the sky just a little bit more tonight. He had only caught a glimpse of it, but he could already tell how magnificent the moon was going to look on this early night.

He got upright on his hands and knees, slightly confused on to which had just happened. His head hurt and his ears rung, but he still knew that the white snake that been coiled around his neck was still there, hissing right up against his cheek. He felt something warm drip from his nose and soaking into his bandages.

She'd been running around trying to find him all day, now twisting into the night as well. She'd checked everywhere he could've been, had even let the master know, and was now growing worried and impatient trying to find where he had gone. If he had come across any humans, she didn't know what would happen.

Though he couldn't see, somehow he knew where he was going. Not the exact location, but he knew that he was going somewhere, whether someone would try to stop him or not. The beauty of nature should not be overlooked, yes?

He winced at the strong impact in his side, and something grabbing his arm. It tugged him upwards and he saw, not the demon he had originally been chasing, but another.

A burst of pain shot through her left shoulder and stayed in place. Confused by the suddenness of it, she turned to see a demon holding a nichirin sword's handle, the blade piercing through her and blood already soaking into the purple-ish uniform and patterned haori she wore.

He would have much rather listen to the nocturnal animals and feel the cool breeze that the night had to offer, but something wouldn't let him. Something in his head. All he heard was out-of-place arguing that he couldn't understand, along with screams. Restless yells of someone who had been wronged so many times, someone who had seen so many things they never should've had to see. Angered sobs that wouldn't be stopped by even the most believable apology.
Apologize...
When was the last time he had done that?