Chapter Twenty-Six

We step back into the bunker after our deal with The Shadow, only to come face to face with Billie.

"Hello boys," she says, mirroring Crowley's words earlier.

"Billie." Sam says coldly. "What the hell do you want?"

"Well, considering you locked Crowley up in the one place I cannot reach, I figured I come by and collect some payment," she scowls. She snaps her fingers and Ashton appears in front of her.

'Lucifer?!' I say panicked. 'What's the plan?!'

'I don't know, I haven't thought that far!' he shoots back.

Billie snaps her fingers again. Ashton instantly reaches for his throat as he starts gasping for air.

"Let him go, Billie," Dean barks, reaching for his gun.

"Or what?" she mocks, smirking. "You're gonna shoot me?"

'Why isn't Sam saying the words? Why isn't he summoning The Shadow?' I ask.

'Who knows?!' Lucifer replies.

My anger is boiling over at this point. I can't just sit idly by, waiting for The Shadow to show up and grab Billie. Not while Ashton's life is on the line.

'Kill her.'

'What?! Are you insane??' the devil yells.

'You got a better plan?' I snap. 'Kill. Her.'

I feel my body move closer to her. Lucifer forces Ashton out of the way, knocking him back into the wall. Now we're face to face with Death.

"Awe how sweet of you to think you can stop me, Averly," Billie says mockingly.

"Not just me in here, Billie," I say, in complete control of my functions in that one moment before I slide back into the passenger seat. I feel Lucifer's damaged wings expand out fully, showing his power against Death.

Billie's eyes widen in a quick glance of fear, then she shifts back to her stone-cold demeanor. "Having Lucifer controlling you means nothing," she snarls, scythe at the ready.

"Awe, that hurt my feelings," Lucifer pouts. My fist then connects with her stomach, going straight through and squeezing her organs.

She gasps, letting go of her hold on Ashton and focusing on protecting herself. She regains her composure and shoves me back, sending me flying into Sam and Dean. I quickly get back up and lunge at her, knocking her back. Lucifer takes this opportunity to take Death's scythe and swing it, cutting at her abdomen.

Billie lets out a blood-curdling scream, rendered unable to move from her position on the floor. She finally lies still and silent, dead by the looks of it. "Sam now would be a good time to say those magic words," Lucifer says through me.

'Can you let me go, please? I think we got it handled from here.' I ask Lucifer, half-expecting him to say no.

'But Ave, I thought we were becoming good buddies!' he pouts.

I roll my eyes. 'Lucifer, don't make me kill you too.'

'All right, all right, I'm getting out, geez.'

I feel Lucifer leave my body, the red cloud going back to his regular vessel, as my conscious gets back in the driver's seat.

"Ave?" I hear Ash say behind me.