Chapter Twenty Three

Começar do início

For the first time, Leo wondered that maybe, just maybe, the two men that adopted him and his sister did love him. Without any evil side plan or any conditions. They loved him just because he was their son.

Leo shifted in his seat, feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden. This wasn't something he wanted to think about, especially not when his next round of the competition was minutes later.

The tournament ran late, but overall the team did well and they placed first in three of the competitions. Milan even won the solo round, and he had a huge grin on his face the entire ride back to school. Once they reached back, the two boys got into Leo's car that was in the parking lot, and readied themselves for the ride back home.

"My parents are going to be so thrilled," Milan said as he held on tighter to the trophy oh his lap.

"You did good, Mila," Leo glanced at him for a moment, a smile on his face.

"Mila is not a very manly name, you know," Milan said.

"What do you want me to call you then?" Leo asked.

"I don't know, a better nickname?"

"Do you want me to call you babe? Sweetheart?" Leo glanced at Milan again, who was already beginning to get red. Leo smirked as he continued, "mi amor?"

"Yeah, okay, maybe Mila isn't too had," Milan muttered.

Leo chuckled as he lightly shook his head. Leo kept on hand on the steering wheel, and he slid the other one on Milan's thigh. Milan gulped, already feeling like his skin was on fire. He had seen Leo naked, and vice versa. He had touched him everywhere, yet this very simple action was still enough for him to feel like his soul was about to leave his body and descend into heaven.

Milan had a good day. And his happiness was contagious. Both the boys had a smile on their faces as they drove back home. Milan had previously been nervous about meeting Ben, but now he was excited. He hadn't seen his brother in years, and now he was finally going to.

Leo stopped the car in front of Milan's house, Milan quickly unbuckled himself and leaned forward to give Leo a kiss.

"Ow," Leo groaned as he pulled back slightly, he still had a cut on his lip from the fight a few days back, "not so rough, cowboy."

"Sorry," Milan muttered before kissing Leo again, this time much softer.

The two pulled away after that, and Milan got out of the passenger's seat and walked over to his porch. His parents' car was already in the driveway, which meant they were home early. He knocked on the door and excitedly waited for them to open.

"Mila," Leo called out as the older boy jogged over to him, "you forgot your trophy."

Milan took the trophy back from Leo, and was about to thank him when the door opened. Milan's mom furrowed her brows as she gave Leo a once over, and the disappointment on her face was as visible as day.

"Bye," Leo said to Milan before turning to his mom, "Mrs. Seong."

Leo turned around and jogged back to his car after that. Milan looked at his mom, who was watching Leo warily until he got in the driver's seat and drove away. She waited until Milan and her were inside, to finally speak up.

"Who was he?"

"That's Leo," Milan answered.

"That is Leo?" She asked, and Milan nodded, "that's the boy you have been hanging out with?"

"Yes."

"I thought we taught you better than to make friends that... are like him! The piercings? And all those bruises? What does that boy even do?" She seemed furious, and Milan looked at the ground, focusing on his shoelace.

"He's—"

"No wonder you have been staying out so late and not telling us about your whereabouts! He's a bad influence, Milan, you can't—"

"Can't what? Be friends with him?" Milan finally looked up, he scoffed as his mom nodded, "you can't control who I'm friends with."

"I'm your mother!"

"And I'm eighteen!"

"Who will be paying for your college, huh? That is if you're still able to get into a good one considering the company you're keeping," his mom said in distaste.

"I don't believe this... You're threatening..."

"I'm just telling you what's best for you," his mom stated.

"News flash, you don't know what's best for me," Milan didn't know where he got this burst of confidence from, but he could no longer hold back. He had never talked back to his parents, but his mom just crossed the line by judging Leo.

"You're a child! And you're clearly getting influenced by that boy!"

"His name is Leo," Milan said, "you and dad tried to control Ben all his life, and he hated you so much for it that he rebelled and ended up in juvie. He wasn't a bad kid, you were bad parents. I'm not going to let you do the same to me."

Milan's mom stared in shock at her son wordlessly, her mouth slightly agape. Milan didn't say anything either, and after a few moments of the silence, he shoved the trophy in his mom's arms and turned around to go upstairs to his room.

"Don't walk away from me, Milan, get back here!"

Milan didn't listen to her, and rushed to his room and locked the door behind him. He knew his parents didn't like it when he locked his door, but he didn't care. He had spent his whole life doing everything his parents asked him to, but not anymore. He would not let himself get spoken down to, or controlled. He was going to stand up for himself.

***