01- Anonymous Turmoil

Anchored at Liyue's ever-bustling harbor stood the Alcor, making a routine supply run and preparing to set sail in the next hour. From the ship's position only the faint silhouette of the distant land of Inazuma could be made out, and yet there stood a samurai longingly gazing out towards the thunder-blessed islands. He rested his chin atop his crossed arms as he leant on the wall of the ship, one of his hands clutching a letter bearing the Yashiro Commission's seal, that had travelled the stretch of the sea he currently surveyed over the last few days.

The ship's captain, Beidou, rested both of her hands on the wall beside him, following his gaze before questioning, "So, everything sorted then?" He nodded and she let out a hearty laugh. "You lucky kid, having your arrest warrant being cleared up just like that," she sighed comfortably, "The great thing about having connections."

Kazuha gave a half-hearted chuckle. "Indeed, I am extremely grateful to the Commissioner."

Upon hearing his dry tone, Beidou's brows furrowed. "Hey, what's up? You don't really sound like the type of guy that's finally able to freely go home for the first time in almost 2 years."

His eyes dropped to the mild waves below. "It's just... I can't help but feel some turbulence in my heart. Some of it I can place but there is something else too, something unsettling originating from deeper within my gut," he confessed. Beidou's silence encouraged him to continue. "Well, this is a little embarrassing but I am fretful for my relationship with my partner. Having not seen or spoken to them for all this time I... I don't know if they still..."

Beidou hummed, she understood. "I get it, kid. But honestly, from my perspective, with the way you've talked about them, I don't think they'd be the type of person to move on like that." A light stutter left Kazuha as his cheeks tinted pink, and Beidou let out another laugh before ruffling his hair. "I promise, it'll be alright. If you've kept up this patience, I believe they will have as well."

Kazuha cleared his throat before looking up at her. "Thank you."

"Don't worry about it," she replied, making to leave.

"Although, there is one other thing."

"Hm?"

Kazuha's face hardened in concern. "I continue to harbor a feeling of great uneasinesses in my chest. We don't have to set off immediately— perhaps tomorrow?"

The samurai's unexpected apprehension confused Beidou. "Is there something you need to do here?"

"No, I... I don't really know. Perhaps it's just added angst about the journey."

"About the journey?" Beidou questioned, "Everything's in check with the ship and even if something unexpected comes up you know the Alcor will be able to deal with it."

"Yes, you're right. Don't mind my ramblings," Kazuha apologised.

After a brief moment Beidou wordlessly patted his shoulder and turned to attend to some other matters. Kazuha spared one last glance at the distant islands before joining the rest of the crew with that same unexplained discourse in his heart.

____________________

Best mother and son fr, scara and Ei could never