@actuallyyangjungwon: Location

Start from the beginning

We had to be careful not to be caught - or rather we had to be sure we were NOT not-caught - in someone's rearview mirror when we drove somewhere, or by going into the restroom at school.

Heeseung solved this by having us keep our "friendships" very brief and surface. No real hanging out and no actual friendship.

If I hadn't had Sunoo, there are times it would have been unbearable. It would have been fleeting, but definitely really really tough moments.

One great thing about being a vampire is that any big and painful emotion is extremely short. They go away as quickly as they came. But they do exist. Just having Sunoo around helps me work through the brief existence. Which my older brothers - anxious and anticipating - tended to place on me often.

So, the morning that I felt the tug was a big deal. I just wasn't going to tell my brothers.

I tiptoed down the hallway in search of Sunoo.

It took forever, but I finally found him out in the garden enjoying the fresh air. One of our favorite spots.

He gave me a big smile when he saw me, "Good morning, second love of my not-life!"

"Good morning, Sunshine," I replied, "Can we talk?"

Sunoo tilted his head to look at me and then concern flashed on his face, "this sounds serious."

"It is - though it isn't bad," I leaned close to him and whispered as quietly as possible, "I think - "

I stopped short, remembering that if any one of my brothers or Jake was awake they would hear me. Damn that super-hearing. I held up one finger to Sunoo to wait, ran into the house, and found a piece of paper and a pen. I came back outside and returned to my chair.

I felt the pull. But that's it so far.

I handed Sunoo the note and watched his eyes widen as he read it. He wrote back "You did?!? When??" and then I saw his expression change to surprise, then disappointment.

"Umm...Jungwon?" he looked at me sadly.

"Sunghoon saw me, right?" I asked, and Sunoo nodded.

Damn couples' telepathy.

We can all use telepathy to talk to one another when we want to, but we have to more or less be wanting to talk.

A new and fun gift (yes, that would be sarcasm) that we realized existed once Sunoo and Sunghoon got together was that when one part of a couple was looking for another, they could basically crawl into their head and find them.

And yes, we learned that after Sunoo, because Heeseung and Jake never panicked if they were apart the way Sunghoon and Sunoo did.

I already knew that if Sunoo read the note and Sunghoon had been looking for him, Sunghoon had read it as well.

"I asked him not to tell your brothers or Jake" Sunoo said, "and he said okay, but he wants to know why."

I wrote down my answer. There was still super-hearing to worry about.

I don't want anyone to think it's a big deal yet. All I feel is a pull. I don't feel a place or a face.

Sunoo nodded and said, "he says okay".

I puffed a sigh of relief. Then looked at Sunoo with curiosity.

"You aren't dressed? Are you not going to classes today?"

Sunoo smiled, "Actually, no. Today is our anniversary."

I smiled and giggled, "you know, you would think after what...50 years together? - "

"-43 -"Sunoo corrected.

"Right, 43 years together, I would remember the date by now".

"One would think," Sunoo laughed, then reached for my hands, "and I'm ready for you to find that kind of happy."

I nodded and gave Sunoo a kiss on the cheek and headed upstairs to look for Riki to head to school.

__________________________________

After class I laid down in my room, just running things through my mind. I was feeling all of these emotions that I wasn't supposed to feel. I was feeling a little bit of stress and worry, and frustration even.

A panicked thought hit me: what if I was feeling human emotion more strongly because I had missed my match?? What if I was turning human? Aging? Dying!?!?

I tried to calm down. I was being silly.

As if it were agreeing with me, I felt a pull from inside my chest. It wasn't a small tug this time, but an actual pull, as though someone were trying to yank me up from my bed.

I sat up quickly, my brain searching for a vision and finding none.

I didn't see anyone, I didn't feel anything beyond the pull. Nothing told me what to do.

The moment was over and I flopped back down on my bed, exasperated. I wanted to talk to Sunoo, but I wasn't about to disturb the anniversary.

I closed my eyes and freed myself from worry and fell to an unnecessary but extremely relaxing sleep.

__________________________________

I woke up fast and out of breath, even though I don't breathe. It was just as I had seen Sunghoon at the dinner table the night that he first felt the tug toward Sunoo. I felt overwhelmed and the pull seemed to pull harder.

I looked around my room. Everything was dark, but that doesn't matter because I can see in the dark. Still, there was no one around to disturb me or to see the reaction on my face.

I don't see a person. I don't see a place. But I feel a location. I feel it as strong and as sure as I know my own name.

We have to go to Washington State. Specifically, Seattle.