pre-chapter . 21st birthday!

Warnings - drinking, mental hospitals, gore, eating disorders

As her skates glide on the checkerboard flooring, the sound of Customers conversations fill the room. Greasy food on a plate plate was held on Y/n's forearm, along with soda beverages in her other.

Why would Y/n be serving people food? Well, it was her job.
Years have passed and Y/n was thrown out in the real world, having to pay her own bills and feed herself. Lucky, tonight was her 21st birthday, and she would be able to forget about her responsibilities for a few hours.
Ever since she graduated from school, y/n has traveled many states away from her hometown, not caring all to much about what memories were left behind, for most had been spoiled by trauma.

As the clock hits 9pm, a heavy sigh floods from y/n's mouth. She skates behind the counter, replacing her skates with her shoes.
Tying the laces of her favorite colored shoes, her coworker, so more her friends makes their way towards her.
Ever since y/n had moved away and started her new life, having little to nothing made her struggle with making new friends. She was to focused on making money to get started that she didn't have time for distractions, but this coworker of hers stayed and waited patiently for y/n to be ready, just as any true friend should do.

"Hey y/n." He struts over, putting a hand on his waist and a bright toothy smile planted on his face.
"Hey Jesse." She would reply, her voice tired from the long day.
"Ready for your big night? We should totally get wasted!" He gasps as the drinking idea came to mind. A giggle croaks from y/n's throat, "you always want to drink." She stands up, her shoes tied neatly and gracefully.
"Yeah, but you're of age, you should have some fun." Jesse pouts, his hand reaching out to y/n's shoulder.
"You need a break. You're too stressed, and plus, I'll pay for tonight. So no worries!" He squeezes her shoulder as he speaks, his toothy smile never leaving his face.
"alright bud." Y/n chuckles, grabbing Jesse's hand and leading out the small food joint.

Life was not too shabby for the girl, she had a decent appointment and a minimum wage job. It was much better than nothing, and Y/n greatly appreciated it.
Leaving her small home town was for the better, it was just too much to deal with mentally. Plus, change is good in many ways. It can open your eyes to a completely different way of life, it changes your view on the world when you see more than what you're used to.
Though there's also downsides, as already expressed, you have to leave many things behind. Either it be memories, family or objects. And, trauma.

Y/n would often wonder what May was doing, and if she still loved her or longer for revenge. But, in the long run, it didn't matter. She was locked up, and if she were to escape there's no way she could find y/n.

Walking through the empty streets, the two friends would talk about randomness. The glow of the moon illuminating the brick buildings and the street.
The light shown upon the duos faces, Jesses cheeks radiating a soft peachy glow.

"Y/n." He spoke, taking a stand of Y/n's hair in his muscular hand and stoping in his tracks.
"Yes?" She would ask, confusingly looking up at the taller male, her lips slightly parted.
"I have a confession." He starts, his eyebrows twitching, the moon highlighting small features on his face. Until now, she had never taken the time to pay attention to his face.
The way his dimples would take place when he smiled, the way his shoulder length dyed blond hair would always appear soft. How he always would run his hand through it, shaping it. His brown eyes puting a soft glow, like a predator stalking it's prey in the dead of the night.

Y/n sighed, hating what she knew was next.
Y/n knew the boy had a love interest, but would never tell whom it was. She soon started to suspect it was her, it was just one of those things you thought you knew.

"Y/n, im-" he started, quickly being interrupted by a flash of dry lighting.
"We should get to the bar." He reckoned, never saying what he wanted to say.
With a nod, the two continue their journey to the bar.
Y/n smiled slightly, ready to try and have a fun night.

As they arrived at the bar, y/n takes in the sight of all the lights strung up through out the big room. It was filled with tables, chairs surrounding them. Than obviously, the long counter with a bartender and his display of drinks.

The duo take a glance at each other, and with a small nod and giggle, they make their way to the counter.

~ six hours pryer

A hospital gown covered her pale skinny body. Her eyes complemented with bulging dark eye bags.
"I don't want dinner." Her voice stern as a nurse tries to serve her tonight's dinner.
"Dear, this will be your second week living off of liquid. If you keep resisting we will not hesitate to force you to eat." She spoke, her voice raspy from her years of smoking.
This nurse in particular was Mays least favorite, for she was the kindest. Why hate on the kindest nurse? Well, because it will be easier to kill her.
The lady was in no way evil, she was the nicest she could be without losing authority, but her days were catching up to her, for she was in her 60s.

"Fine." May huffs, taking the trey that was being held in the nurses hand. The treys food looked like school slop. May could only hope that whatever was on the plastic board was lasagna.
The only utensil on the plate was a child's spoon that had a pink rubber grip. The nurse nods with a small smile, turning to leave the girl and her food.
"Miss," May stats, making the nurse stop. "Can you please stay? I'm worried I'll change my mind if I'm alone." She pitifully whimpers, all part of her plan.
The old sweet nurse sighs slightly, and unprofessionally takes a seat next to the girl.
"Thank you." May smirks secretly, taking small bites of the slop. Her plan was in motion, and there was no going back.

May stands up, the baby spoon tightly held in her hand.
"My deepest condolences, miss." She speaks, the smirk on her face heard in her voice.
Pouncing on the old lady, May pins her to the cold floor, holding her hands above her head with her left, and the spoon in her right hand.
"Sweet dreams." We're the last words heard before screaming filled the room and the spoon being plunged into her eye sockets.

.........

As the deed was done, May takes the deceased woman's key card and leaves her room, into the empty hallway.

~

"You're too-- funny.." y/n would hiccup as Jesse tried to tell her what he wanted to earlier.
"I'm serious! I'm a homosexual." His words would slightly slur, his face red and flushed from all the drinks.
"Noooo, that's so weird because I am too?" Y/n almost asks herself, taking a gulp from her drink.
The two start giggling together, only to be interrupted by the bartender.

"Sorry to interrupt, but it's 2am, it's time for you guys to leave." He flatly spoke, a glass being held in his one hand and a rag in the other.

"Awh.. let's go..." Jesse whines slightly, grabbing Y/n's hand and walking out of the building.
As the two fuzzy people slowly travel down the extremely dark street, they sing one of Jesse's favorite songs, put your head on my shoulder.

Little to their knowledge, a pair of blue eyes watch them from a distance.

Pre-chapter ,, end.
Unedited.
1355 words.