𝘌𝘓𝘓𝘐𝘖𝘛 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘙

Start from the beginning

Not many people are self-aware. People could be selfish but say they are the most selfless person you'll ever meet, they could say they are kind but end up being the most cruelest person you'll ever know.

Ellie likes to think she's self-aware, cause at the moment she knew she was being a hypocrite. She knew what she was doing, and that she should be ashamed of it. She kept telling herself she wasn't that person anymore, but after being raised—trained to be a certain person.. How could you just change in an instant?

The blonde played with her rings as she walked up to the library. She felt ashamed about even thinking of doing research. Looking into a murder. A possible case?

But she's just a girl who has been on her own for four years, and yes it is her fault, but she's getting tired of still letting him take over her life.

How is it that a man who's not part of your life anymore, still manages to control it?

She knew this was something she told herself she should stop doing. She said she would start minding her own business, it was something she told herself she should do, right? To let people solve things out on their own? They had police to figure this shit out— why is this bothering her so much? Why isn't she stopping and walking away from the library?

Why was it so hard for her to just accept this is her? This is her life?..She's not with them for a reason. But what if hunting never left her life? She left it, but could it be possible it left her?

She walked in the library, it was quiet. She already knew her way to the computers, already knew what to do. As she made her way over there she picked one and took off her bag, placing it on the ground.

She didn't hesitate to start searching, finding answers for her questions. And hoping, just hoping, she could figure this out a little. Scratch that ich she's been getting. If not, she'll just go home and sleep the rest of the day.

She didn't find anything. The blonde groans and lays her knuckles on her temple. She's found barely anything. Then she decides to search for  something else.

People talk. And she knew this 'story' they made to scare customers, could be something. Only one way to find out, right?

Just as she was about to type again, there were two guys using the computers from in front of her, they started arguing. She rolls her eyes and decides to ignore them. She continued typing.

A few minutes later and nothing. She's typed out everything she could think of but she can't get anything of this 'woman  committed suicide'. Nothing about any murder or suicide. Nothing similar that happened with Troy. Maybe her researching skills were just rusty, or maybe it was just a murder?

Thinking of this town even having a murder made her want to just move to another town already. Or maybe this can be her adventure? Going to a different place?

She gave up. It's not like she was expecting to even chase this anyways. She sighs and logs out from the computer and stands up. Slightly disappointed she grabbed her bag and started walking away from the computers. She walks out of the library and rubs her eyes. She was somehow exhausted, she couldn't wait to just walk back to her apartment and jump on her couch. Take the longest nap, and maybe not even wake up till the next day.

Just as she was going to cross the street she hears the library door open aggressively and footsteps running towards her. She furrowed her eyebrows. Confused, the blonde turns around. Only to be faced with a person who she never thought she'd see again.

"Elliot?"

└────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────────┘