𝘌𝘓𝘓𝘐𝘖𝘛 𝘞𝘐𝘕𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘌𝘙

Start from the beginning

'Get yourself together, you maniac.'

Ellie rolled her eyes at herself as she continued walking on the sidewalk. She looked at the rocks on the floor, the cracks that made her want to skip over and not step on. The ants that were holding some kind of crumb. Then she heard laughter.

She saw three of them. Two boys and a girl. They were laughing and holding onto each others arms. They seemed young, maybe teenagers. They looked like siblings actually, same brown hair, same face structure. They seemed as if they're enjoying their day, as if nothing could ruin their happiness at the moment.

Ellie frowned. She looked away and glanced to the ground. She didn't notice herself stop walking, realizing it she sighs and rubs her eyes as she starts walking again, this time walking to the nearest coffee shop. She needed caffeine.

ਏਓ

       Kids surrounded the playground. Loud laughter, faint cries, shouting and rusty metal moving. Ellie cringed.  She had expected it to be a bit quiet. It's 12AM shouldn't these kids be in school or daycare?

She only shakes her head disappointingly and walks away. Deciding to just walk around and explore the town. She expected the park to be a bit quieter, could you blame her for not wanting to be at the park anymore? As she walked away she decided she would look at the stores, maybe even find herself new socks..or even a new bra.

A few minutes of just walking, Ellie was slowly starting to enjoy it. Good way to relieve stress-

She tripped.

She didn't see the crack on the concrete.

Eyes widening she looked back at it and cursed under her breath.

That was it for her. She wanted to just go back to her apartment.

She looked around.  'please tell me no one saw that.'

She put her hands on her pockets and suddenly felt awkward as she continued to walk. She bit the inside of her cheek. Distracting herself with the stores coming to view.

As she continued to walk, she glanced up to look at a tree she was coming upon to. She squinted her eyes as she noticed a white paper stabled on the tree.

'MISSING PERSON

TROY SQUIRE'

Ellie looked at the missing poster. She recognized the guy in the poster. And not from just the TV. She remembers the way he would eye her female co-workers and whistle at them when his, what she assumes to be his girlfriend, would walk away or go to the restroom. Or how uncomfortable Ellie would feel when she would serve his table and his friends would try to move their hands to her thigh.

'Fucking skirts.' She rolled her eyes.

The Poor girl. If only she knew how much of a shitty guy her boyfriend really was.

Looking at it, Ellis started getting curious. How could someone just disappear like that? Could it be possible someone murdered him? Unless he was just desperate to leave his life that he faked his own murder. But he seemed to happy, always laughing so loudly with his friends. Could this be a possible case? No. She shouldn't. Curiosity did kill the cat, but she felt an ich she desperately wanted to scratch, something to just..look into.
She wanted an adventure? There it was. But, no. She shouldn't.