Chapter 44

Author's Note: Hello, how are you? Don't forget to eat and rest, guys! <3 Mental health is a priority. Thank you for reading as always. I personally enjoyed writing this chapter, so please let me know your thoughts. Sending you love and hugs!

 Sending you love and hugs!

CHAPTER 44

"I broke up with Jimin."

Jennie picked up something she'd seen Rosé look at from time to time.

"Lali said you'd come, unnie. Well... It's over."

The butterfly necklace on the side table beside Rosé's bed sat on Jennie's open palm as she flipped it over. She stood a few feet away from the quiet, broken girl on the bed and heard a sharp exhale, as if she knew what Jennie was holding without looking. Running her pointer finger on the necklace, she noticed the small R and J carved within its wings. It has some small italicized carvings written at the back which says whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.

"He asked me to translate it for him when he saw me reading Emily Brontë last year." Her voice laced with exhaustion and anxiety Jennie felt compelled to uproot the entire problem.

Jennie made an affirmative noise as she stared at the necklace again. "It's a beautiful necklace. He must have had it made solely for you."

"Ah yes, that—" Rosé whispered, "—he did."

"Tell me when you're ready," Jennie spoke with a tone of softness the flowers outside would sigh. "Do you mind if I stay here? Well, even if you do, I would still stay anyway."

After a beat, Rosé agreed with a nod.

Silence filled the seconds that followed, but if her Chaeng wanted to talk, Jennie would let her begin in her own time.

It was the right thing to do.

She heard two audible knocks from the door and knew it would be Taehyung. Curling her fingers around the necklace, she held unto it and kept it safe in her left hand. It didn't deserve to lay alone on the wooden bedside table. It's too precious to be left there.

"Hi," Taehyung greeted in a whisper, popping his head once Jennie opened the door for him. That night, Taehyung had a certain tranquil appeal she could not put a finger on. He held her eyes for a few seconds before checking the girl on the bed. "Is she asleep?"

"No, she's just resting but she's not asleep." Jennie accepted the tea with a somber smile.

"Will she mind me being here?"

"No. It's okay. I need you here."

"Okay, I'll stay. I just called Jimin," Taehyung lowered his voice for only Jennie to hear, "He said we shouldn't leave her alone tonight."

Worry clouded her vision. "Is he—"

"He's got Namjoon hyung with him. He'll be alright. I'll see him at the end of the week." He saw the look on her face. "I already asked him if he needed me, he said he'll fair just fine. She needs us more. He asked for a favor if you could watch over her."

Started with an OvercoatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara