Chapter 25

Author's Note: Hi! Thank you for your time to read this. This is only the start of the pining. I just love slow burn so much. I love you! <3 Stay safe everyone and get your shots if you haven't already.

This chapter is dedicated to: MudPuddlesLilHoe, raindropcake_, growingrosehey, dynamic_diamonds, xoxobubblecakes, bangpink0812, taennie_stan, Blackholesun09, armyblinkaura, bubbly-egirl, +++ more

CHAPTER 25

"Could it think, the heart would stop beating..."

It was doomed from the start.

Jennie knew she was doomed from the start. She could see that now as clear as crystal. She'd always known it was reckless... preposterous even, to even consider lying near the shore where her ankles are soaked with the warm waters of the ocean at 1 in the morning.

But she couldn't sleep. She lay awake that night thinking. Always thinking. Overthinking. What now? She likes him, but does he? She likes him, but is that enough? She likes him but she's scared.

Not only because of the possibility that their feelings aren't mutual, she treasures him as a good friend. Scared to lose a friend.

Scared of the repercussions of liking someone in the industry they were in. Of course, she can't help it, but it doesn't matter anyway. As long as she's a celebrity, an idol, people will never accept. Even if she bares her heart and soul, they would never see. Only hate on her. Because it's easier to do that than understand her.

She should definitely write a song about that. Jisoo would love to compose with her when they're dissing society, she mused quietly.

It was needless to say that Jennie didn't close her eyes that night. Worrying about the next day of their shoot was of primary importance to her, her mind had gone through several, almost uncountable, scenarios in her head with her beating heart not helping the situation.

Should she continue to ignore her feelings and wait for them to fade? That would certainly take time and so much effort, she would need to avoid him that's for sure, but that would be uncomfortable for the future projects and promotions that she had already signed that comes with filming the drama. Ah, fuck.

Should she confess? Now, that would generate more problems for her, for the both of them—awkwardness? Check, especially when the feelings aren't mutual. The risk of destroying a healthy, good friendship? Check. Even if Taehyung would dismiss it and tell her it's okay, it wouldn't be the same afterall.

Now, where does this put her? Back to fucking square one.

Her mother was of no help. Chahee was too busy going out with her new flavor of the month. The pinks would tease her forever, except Jisoo (but she had more on her plate as of the moment!). Kang was snoring by the time she got to his trailer earlier. Nayeon would die but not before she tells the whole world. Hanbin has no clue about relationships, so he's useless. Mino is an idiot, so again, useless. Irene would probably be a good option, but she's busy filming for a movie the last time she checked, or if not, she's taking a vacation with Suho. Who else?