UNKNOWN
hey jinae told me to tell
you that shes broken her
phone so cant text you but
that she hopes you are doing
well

SULHEE
oh um hi?? thank you

SULHEE
agh thats annoying i actually
wanted to talk to her about something.
ive just messaged her like 20
mins ago

UNKNOWN
well i can pass her the
phone if you would like
i dont mind

SULHEE
are you sure?

UNKNOWN
of course

UKNOWN
but before i do just wanna
say that i hope u are doing
well. jinae talks a lot about
you and you seem nice. she
likes you a lot

UNKNOWN
anyways I'll go. possibly meet
you soon? through the gc if you
decide to join

SULHEE
ahahhh sure! thank you for
letting jinae text me

UNKNOWN
no problem. enjoy your chat

────────

renjun had left jinae to message her new friend, much to jinaes delight. he did feel like he owed her after his insensitive words, however he had a good feeling he'd let her use it anyway regardless. he sat and continued with his art sketchbook, deciding to sketch yoona, jaemin and jeno who were sat on a table across from him, the two males talking as yoona tried to focus on her work. isla had left half an hour ago to go use the computers in another area of the school so there was no one to force the two males into working. renjun almost felt bad for yoona.

he sketched a basic outline of the three relatively quickly. though drawing was one of his favourite things, he often spent far too long on one project due to his perfection complex and had sworn to himself that he would start being less of a perfectionist as his sketchbook was only half full and he had a month before his course work was due.

beside him was a half-drawn picture of jinaes cousins dog allie that she had been drawing. renjun had to admit that jinae clearly had a good talent for art. he never noticed before, only being aware of her love of art after haechan suggested on their call that she loved it and that renjun should ask her to spend some time with him.

it was about 10 minutes or so before renjun was passed back his phone, a warm thank you slipping from jinaes lips as she went back to drawing. the male noticed the wide grin on her lips, a smile wider than any he'd seen her display. she was a smiley person, but the smile on hee face then was genuine. sincere. heartfelt. as she hummed to herself whilst happily drawing, he couldn't help but wonder what had got her in such a good mood.

"you seem happy" he stated matter-of-factly. jinae lifted her head up to look at him and flashed him a teethy smile.

"she told me her name. she must trust me to tell me her name, right?"

renjun nodded. "of course"

jinae smiled at him before going back to drawing once again. the male sat and pondered what else to say. should he say anything else?

he didn't have the opportunity to as haechan entered the room, ignoring the group on the other table and sitting down opposite the pair. renjun looked up only to double check it was him before returning to drawing.

"mark kicked me out because i broke his lamp so here i am"

jinae laughed at the older male. "im not even going to ask"

haechan pulled some work out of his bag that needed doing as he watched the two in front of him. he was suddenly reminded of his conversation with renjun. he seemed odd with jinae, like how he was so worried he'd upset her. he'd never seen renjun be like that, the older usually being very distant and cold, so it was nice to see the change.

"your drawings nice jun. teach me how to draw?" he almost begged, moving closer to the older male as he joined their side of the table. renjun instinctively moved away from him and closer to jinae, who seemed unphased as she continued drawing herself.

"no"

"please?"

"no."

"please~"

"lee donghyuck give it a rest"

he didn't, so jinae ended up spending her time droning out the arguing as she drew, eventually offering to teach the annoying male herself so renjun could have a break from his friends antics and go back to drawing himself. he flashed an appreciative smile to the girl as she taught haechan the basics of drawing human anatomy.

────────