Hidden Enemies and Common Friends(Audelia POV)

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I do have other responsibilities. But once upon a time, my Father told me Family comes first, before anything. And as far as I'm concerned, you're family Audelia, just as much as Jaime is. Now tell me, what did my idiot brother do now?", Tyrion said in response, and how could someone not oblige when they are told that they consider you family?

"Gendry came to visit me in our chambers late at night yesterday. As to not draw attention from other people. So no rumors would start to spread", I began and Tyrion got a knowing look on his face. 

"And Jaime thought something else", Tyrion guessed and I nodded, sighing and rubbing my fingers together to warm them up.

"Gods, he always did assume the worst first", murmured Tyrion, just loud enough for me to hear. 

"It's not even that. He said that Cersei was right about me. That's what hurt. His doubt, the little trust he had in me. And that he chose to believe his cunt of a sister over me", I said, and I felt tears start to pool behind my eyes and I quickly blinked them away.

Tyrion remained quiet for a little while, before breathing in audibly and turning to me. "I can't tell you to forgive him, or give him another chance. No matter how much I want you to. You have already put up with a whole lot more than anybody in the whole Seven Kingdoms would. You have forgiven, and looked past a lot of things in favor of him. At some point you have to draw a line".

"What are you saying? That I should leave him? After everything?", I asked in disbelief at what he was implying. Tyrion shook his head immediately.

"Of course not. I am merely stating that you have to know your limits. You can't always forgive every slight and every mistake he makes. At some point you have to draw a line. And I say this with love for you Audelia. You're like my sister. A sister I never had", Tyrion corrected himself and I nodded, looking away. My eyes trailed around us, and I noticed Jaime standing at a bridge, looking straight at me and Tyrion. I looked away, not wanting to look at him.

"I am touched by our concern. But I don't want to let go of Jaime. Not yet at least. I know it's  Cersei that was poisoning his mind. She is like a rotten weed that we need to rip out, root and stem", I replied, and I smiled down at Tyrion. I turned around at the sound of chains, and saw Maester Luwin walking towards me.

I knew it was time for my breakfast with Daenerys, and I knew it would not go smoothly. But I had to make a better relationship with her. At least for now, when we needed her so badly. I could not afford to lose her, or make her my enemy. 

"If you'll excuse me Tyrion. I'd like to catch up with you later, at dinner perhaps. With the whole family. I'll send a servant for you", I said, and when Tyrion nodded, I walked away with a lighter heart, and a heavier mind.

The walk to the feast hall was short, but enough for me to regain my posture, and composure enough to last the breakfast. It was just Daenerys when I entered, just as I had requested. I didn't want anybody interrupting us, or listening in. False rumors spreading was not something I wanted to happen.

"Queen Audelia", greeted Daenerys when she turned around from the fire. She wore a thick, white furred coat to keep her Southern skin warm from the Northern cold. I only wore a thick dress, with no fur, as the weather was rather warm today for me.

"Queen Daenerys", I greeted back, as it was custom. I extended my arm towards her chair, silently inviting her to sit down, and she did. 

"I was surprised to hear that you wanted to meet with me this early in the morning. I hope everything is well, and to your liking", Daenerys said, trying to start a friendly conversation, and I took her up on the offer.