8. Death Aniversary

" Hey kiddo," Jagged walked into his living room only to find his daughter petting his crocodile, a sad expression on her face

" Hey kiddo," Jagged walked into his living room only to find his daughter petting his crocodile, a sad expression on her face. Not the usual emo sad, but true unhappiness.

Luca was kind enough to explain the situation last night during pizza, Julika didn't join them and only stood in the guest room sobbing. Her brother brought her some food and suggested they leave her with her troughs, and he agreed since he didn't really know how to deal with her feelings. Not that he didn't want to, he just didn't know her well enough to offer consolation.

" Mr. Stone," she looks to the floor at the crocodile.

" You know you can call me dad, right?"

" Yes, sorry father.  I just..."

" Hey, it's ok you don't need to tell me anything." he pets her head, "Are you feeling better? Do you need anything?"

" I am just upset that I lost all my things!" she sobbed silently," my school work, my clothing, the guitar you gave me. My home sank to the bottom!" she burst I go tears," and worst of all Rose is..."

Jagged hugged her, letting her cry on his shoulder.

" I will  buy you new things, I am sure the school will help you recover your progress, and as for Rose, we must never lose hope." he brushed her tears away," Tell you what," he handed her a stack of money," why don't you go and buy something nice for Rose when you visit her today."

She pushed the money back.

" I can't accept that,  that's too much money Besides, mom always told me to not depend on anyone with my finances. "

" I am your father, " Jagged pointed out," don't think of it as a dependency but as a gesture of affection." Didn't she say that she needs new ballerina shoes? Get her some!" he squeezed the bill in her palm.

" I don't know... I..."

" Come one kid, don't be shy. Buy her and yourself something nice and keep the money for the bus back home. I am sure she will be happy."

" I guess a nice gift won't hurt," Julika whispered," I will pay you back during summer break."

" You don't have to"

" But I do! I don't want you to think that just because you are famous I am taking advantage of you. I like being independent!"

" Is that what your mother taught you?" he questioned,  he wasn't mad but you could see a hint of anger in his voice. " that you use me and my fame is all that there is to me,  I just want you to be happy,  go and see your girlfriend now."

She runs off happily. Jagged uses his phone.

" Are you trying to turn the kids against me?!" he shouted angrily," Anarka you are such a pain! First, you ruined our duo, forced me to go solo then blame me for it, and now I can't even help my kids without them thinking I want to buy their affection!"