7. Cruel Scheme

Aware of his nature, he wasn't really the nicest nor is he really bad, he is selfish and cold, manipulative and cunning

Aware of his nature, he wasn't really the nicest nor is he really bad, he is selfish and cold, manipulative and cunning. When he wants something he will take it no matter what. He is a person with goals after all. That was what Felix Graham De Vanily was, a desirous person. And why was she the one to deal with him?

She was already resentful towards him, not just for their childhood but for that one night before. She was glad to see Amalie and glad to see that she was healthy. But what she wasn't pleased with was him... He trough she was like any other girl, and that he could take advantage of her, and steal her kiss. And with each minute at work, forced by circumstances, she tried to avoid anything revolving around him. Which was hard since she was a desk girl, she had to call him, check his schedule for meetings, lead guests to the meetings, and so on.

At last, now it was a break, and most staff members, including herself, were eating by the water cooler. People chatted, mostly the old employees, she was new and didn't have much experience, so she tried to keep out of trouble, was afraid she would say something stupid or unprofessional, she had that defect.
Despite wanting to be the perfect Marry Sue her insecurities turned her into a self-victimization, insecure crybaby, through the years that drag her down multiple times. She just looks at her phone pb&j sandwich while listening to the women at her table chart.

" Felix Graham? We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of man; but this would be nothing if you really liked him." one of the women at her table, she seemed a bit old than Elizabethan maybe with 4 years winked at her companion, another younger woman with round glasses.

The lady seems to also be new and youthful, probably having a crush on the young British man.

" Don't listen to her, he's horrendous!" she warns butting into the conversation.

" How came you know, new girl?" the lady asked a bit upset that she butts into their conversation, she wasn't mad, she was curious.

" Now let's not get overzealous here," she let her anger out," Felix has always been a piece of work! He is full of vanity the proudest, most disagreeable man in the world, and everybody hoped that he would never come here at the office again."

The older employees didn't fully agree but nodded regardless.

"They always continue to grow sufficiently unlike afterward to have their share of vexation, and it is better to know as little as possible of the defects" she gestured with her index," they are influential people. "

"Do not consider me now as an elegant female intending to plague you, but as a rational creature speaking the truth," Elizabeth rolled her eyes, and the older woman laugh. The other girl jumps, a cold chill running down her spine making her glasses slip down her nose.

"Ah, ladies?" she tried to get their attention but was cut off by a voice, Elizabeth felt a coolness against her back.

"Angry people are not always wise, lady Backendri. Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us." Felix, with a cup of coffee in hand, preached arrows-like glare aiming back into Elizabeth's own eyes, she attracted him more than he liked. She hardly knew that she was an object of admiration to so great of a man.