4. Walk Your Previous Steps

Bắt đầu từ đầu

" Sweet summer child, I haven't seen you since you were the size of a gift basket!" she giggles eating a macaroon.

" Well, either I was malnourished or the gift baskets you receive are far bigger than what I know." she sweat dropped but try to keep her smile on. " Please tell me more about your life, my lady, how have you been?"

" Well," she put the cup down," life hasn't been easy since my husband -"

" No!" Elisabeth cut her off," No more tears, no more husband! Something else! Talk about something else!"

" Ok dear," she brushes her tears off," how have you been?"

" Well," she put her tea cup down," I finished my studies and moved into my apartment, it's not much, but I am proud that I can carry my weight and not depend on my parents anymore. "

" That's so wonderful!" Amalee smiled" Your parents must miss you a lot."

" I call them every day," Elizabeth squeezed the cup in her palms, Amalee was very attached to Felix after his father died and her sister went missing. So much that it affected her perception of the world,  she was afraid that her spoiled rotten kid would just vanish." I am glad that they trust me to be so independent, though I am a bit jealous that Felix still sees you daily.  He's lucky, a mother's advice is always welcomed."

Amalee smiled, Elisabeth sigh with relief, she won her over.

" Well, I don't know if I should tell you but," she blinks innocently," my Felix has a crush."

" Get out of here!" the brown-haired girl gasped," I want spicy details!"

" Well, there is this Chinese girl who lives in France, she goes to the same school as my nephew," Amalee explains with a newfound appetite for gossip. " she won an award for Agrest Fashion Week!"

" Omg, the mysterious guest?" Elisabeth sips her tea," People talk about it at the office! Is that why he started working from home so frequently? "

" Aye!" Amalee squeaked in excitement," Can you imagine, my baby in love?"

" Oh, so cute!" Elizabeth squeak back," I am so happy for you! Tell me more, did they kiss?"

" I wish I knew!" Amalee sighed, "he's secretive!  He took her every day everywhere in London. Even to see her grace!"

" The queen?" Elisabeth chock on  her tea," But what a privilege!"

" The La Vanily fashion house designed some of her Grace's outfits so we have some connection. He did his best to impress her."

" Oh my, he's a big charmer, isn't he? She must have been frankly impressed."

" Mamma's boy!" Amalee laughed, "They still talk every night, and sometimes when he's at the office. I haven't seen him this infatuated since Kagami."

"Who that?"

" Oh, just another old crush!"

" No! I cannot believe he didn't tell me about it!"

" Well, you were struggling with studies so..."

" Yeah, I guess"

(meanwhile)

" I haven't seen mother happy like this in a long time," Felix watched the two from the corner of the hallway a sinister smile on his face. Stepping away from the scene and ascending up the staircase until he reached his office.

Once alone he pulled an unusual brooch from his pocket, an object he "borrowed" from his beloved uncle similar to the ring. He gazed at it with an intensity almost madness-inducing.