(2) 真人

真人 Mahito
Mahito, the loving brother figure to Gen. Though they are not blood related, he treated her with affection and care. Were there atrocious intentions behind his actions? He was a mastermind, known as "The manipulator of yōkais". He was the head of yōkais, people kneeled for him, plead for him. He was their God.

//

"Gen, it's time." Mahito spoke with a stern voice. Gen, who was previously resting in her suzuki tree, awoke from her deep slumber. "Mahito?" She embraced the one who she saw as an own blood. Mahito too saw her in a loving light, though it remained unknown whether was it lust or love that he was after. Mahito caressed her head lovingly and laid a kiss on her forehead. His hands cupped the side of her face and her neck, almost demanding. The kiss he laid on her almost became one that was impure and of lust.

"What's happening?" Gen queried, she was wary that during her hibernation Mahito had been out and about. Often, he would be slaughtering people to gain their soul orbs. The soul orbs he obtained can then be remade into soul essence that could be put to many uses— to heal, harm and boost one's strength, immunity, speed etc.

He summoned her for a reason, he was well aware of the arrival of Gojo Satoru. The one who was well-known for slaying his kind. The almighty beast that was warned, he was feared, bringing cowardice out of any living being. "We need to get ready for bloodshed." Mahito warned, he fed Gen one of his invaluable bottle of soul essence— it would layer a shield over thy soul.

"Let's leave this place first." Mahito suggested, Gen gave a nod of approval. He smiled at her obedience, with a grasp of a hand, they disappeared into mere fog.

//

"Oh thank goodness you're here!" A village folk cried in thanks, she had sensed that there were "negative energy" surrounding the Suzuki forest. Other village folks would call her deranged and mental, she was notorious for believing in spiritual existence.

She was old in age, her knees were past her best. In denial of the dismal truth; she couldn't quite grasp what had happened. She clung onto the yōkai slayer as though he was her last life line, as if her life was in danger; a torch that would soon die out.

He who is almighty shalt not fear. Thy name that commands obedience, thy life that allows thee to breathe. His flawless public facade masked imperfections.

Unhinged, he politely brushed her failing arms off his sleeve. "Bring me there." His stern voice, dominant and unshakable. Chills run down her spine like ice-cold water dripping down her back, just with the mere command of his mouth, anyone would let their cowardice take over their pride and certainty.

Before proceeding with the initial plan, they were interrupted by the village head, Toji Fushiguro. There he stood in front of them- dark, tall and handsome. His black kimono robe and his matching matte black katana that stood bravely on his waistband resulting in his strong presence.

Of course, he too was a figure of respect and dignity. The almighty yōkai slayer wouldn't have made his appearance in such a minuscule and nameless countryside village if it weren't for his old friend's request.

Toji greeted Gojo, bowing to him as an act of courtesy. "I'm glad you've made your arrival, i apologise for not being able to walk you in." Toji held his pose for a while before lifting his head upon hearing Gojo's chuckle.

"Drop the formalities." Gojo who knew of Toji like blood-brothers, chuckled in amusement with the act that he was displayed upon. Toji signalled his villager to back off, though hesitant, she quietly backed away.

"I've heard of the situation, are you sure it's not your old age catching up to you?" Gojo indicated that Toji might've mistakenly sensed spiritual activities. Though Gojo too was certain of it, he wanted to make fun of Toji. Toji breathed a loud sigh.

"How could you, whom i raised, make fun of me." Toji put on a despairing show, as though Gojo was his own son. Toji himself wasn't too aged, though experienced, he was still a handsome young lad— in his heart that is.

//

Upon leaving the village's torii and into the forest, Gojo could sense a different air, one that was heavy and almost suffocating. It was obvious that there was some abnormalities in the area.

Gojo gently caressed the suzuki trees, Toji followed quietly. "There indeed are traces of a yōkai, a powerful kitsune yōkai had recently left." He squinted his eyes into the direction of the suspected route taken by the kitsune yōkai.

"Mahito. He was here." Gojo added, clenching his fist at the thought of the troublemaker that had been against him for decades. Gojo loathed yōkais for their cunning and vile nature, swearing an oath to slay all of the existing ones.

Toji's eyes widened at the mention of the infamous Mahito, it had been a few decades since he had heard the mention of him. Mahito wouldn't venture to places that wasn't well populated. Clearly the yōkai he had interacted with was of foremost importance to him.

"The two of them must be the two out of three immortal yōkais." Gojo stated with an egotistical smirk across his face, intrigued by the sense of bloodshed that was bound to happen soon. The closest he and his ancestry had ever been to finally devouring the yōkai population.

Gojo had taken the steps his ancestors took, extinguishing the existence of yōkai was Gojo's
raison d'être (the purpose of his existence). Gojo was destined to slaughter any yōkai that was courageous enough to cross his path.

Gojo was the strongest yōkai slayer to ever step foot into existence, he was almighty and perfect. The only hope for the peace of the world he was born in. He is the strongest. He who will extinguish all sinful beings from the surface of existence.

Gen was of no exception.