Chapter- 15 - Welcome home

Start from the beginning

Raagavi

The apartment Rudransh bought for us was just 15 minutes away from my parents home. My brother Lakshman had offered to drive me there. I took one last look of the house I grew up in, the house that was filled with laughter and memories and happiness, the one I'd technically not belong to anymore, and my heart ached.

"Hey, kathirika, why are you quiet all of a sudden?" My brother asked.

"I can't not believe I am married now and have to leave the house" I said. A little tear fell from the corner of my eye.

"Hey, Raagavi, don't worry. Our house is just 15 minutes away from the apartment. You can come over whenever you want to," my brother consoled me.

We reached Rudransh's apartment. It was a huge building that housed atleast a 100 families. It had 12 floors. Rudransh had bought the 10A apartment. Once I reached the apartment, Rudransh joined me outside the door. Aarti was taken by Sarasvati Amma. Rudransh, Karthik, and Lakshman helped bring all my belongings.

 Rudransh, Karthik, and Lakshman helped bring all my belongings

Rudransh

The apartment

The apartment

After setting them aside, Karthik complained about how heavy the boxes were. Lakshman laughed and said "That's barely half of the medical books she owns."

Karthik was stunned. "Medical books weigh more than the equipments in gym. No wonder you have muscles." Karthik said. Everyone chuckled, except for Rudransh who was glaring daggers at Karthick.
Sarasvati Amma showed me around the house. It was a 3BHK apartment. The master bedroom was taken up by Rudransh. The second biggest room was to be the guest room, while the smallest room was unoccupied. Sarasvati Amma said "We've ordered a desk, an office chair and bookshelves for this room. You could use this room for studying." I felt happy about her giving importance to my career.

Dinner was served. After that everyone started leaving. Sarasvati Amma, Kabilan Appa, Rudransh and me alone stayed in the house. We were informed that the 'shanthi muhurtham' was set for 22:25-0:00, and the master bedroom was already prepared for it. Around 9:45, Sarasvati Amma and Kabilan Appa took leave. Rudransh and I went down to send them off.

As soon as I returned, I started unpacking the boxes and arranged the books in the shelves, to keep my mind occupied and not think about other things. Rudransh came in a little later after sending his parents off. When he noticed me moving the boxes of books he tried to take the box from me. As he did so, his hand brushed against my arm. Reflexively, I jerked my arm out of his grip. The tears that I was holding at bay broke the dam.

Rudransh's POV

When I woke up, I saw Karthik next to me, his leg splayed over my body. I groaned, I was supposed to wake up to beautiful Raagavi, not this orc lying next to me. Look at him, sleeping like Kumbhakarna. Just as difficult to wake up.

When I walk out, I saw Raagavi and Shivika dressed in their hospital scrubs. I smiled, and greeted, "Good Morning, Raagavi," and nodded at Shivika. Raagavi returned the smile. I wished I woke up a bit earlier, cause she was leaving already and I had hoped to spend some time with her before she went. We hadn't had the chance to spend time together, just the two of us, in the midst of this wedding.

After she had left, Amma asked me to take a bath and have breakfast. After that Karthik and I relaxed a bit. At 11:30am, we left to my apartment to set things up and arrange the furniture. Amma made lunch for us there, which we ate during one of the breaks we took. Sometime after lunch, Lakshman joined us. Karthik and Lakshman were preparing my room for the 'wedding night.'

I went to my office to do a quick check if everything was going fine. By 6:00pm, I was summoned back home as Amma had called multiple times. After an hour, Raagavi was brought there by Lakshman. She looked pretty in yellow saree. Simple yet elegant. I joined her as Amma took Aarti. I helped bring the boxes up, along with Lakshman and Karthik. Honestly, they were quite heavy.

Meanwhile, Amma was showing Raagavi around the apartment, especially the study room. I wanted her to have peace when she studied, so I emptied all the office files, except a few that I had kept in the room and moved it to the company. I had moved my desk set up to one side of the room to make space for hers.

By 22:00 everyone had left including my parents, I went around closing all the doors, and sought out Raagavi. I found her unpacking, lifting those heavy boxes like they weighed nothing. I tried to take the box from her, and deliberately brushed my hand against her hand gently. She flinched away from my touch and turned away from me. Just as I came out of the shock of having her react to my touch like it burnt, I noticed her shoulders shaking ever so slightly. I could hear delicate sobs coming from Raagavi, and felt my heart clench heavily.

I had no idea what to do, or say. I felt helpless.

*******************************************
Note from author:

Hello readers,
How do you like the story? Let me know how you feel about this chapter.
Please bear with any grammar mistakes you find in the story.
Hope you all like the story.

Keep reading.

Beta Reader 5tar5torm

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
R❤️

Love,R❤️