Movie Star (Rihanna x You)

Start from the beginning

"Y/N," Victoria whispered behind me, but I was too far down the row to turn around now.

I sped up the ramp, avoiding eye contact with the onlooking celebrity viewers and out of the auditorium. I squinted, not because I was fighting back tears since I had none of those left, but because the contrast in lighting was a lot.

"Y/N! What do you think of the movie?"

"Y/N! What's going on?"

"Y/N, over here?"

"Y/N, smile for the camera!"

I sped past the paparazzi and fans being held back by the velvet rope and around the corner to the bathroom. I was relieved to see I was alone as I let out a shaky pant. I turned to face the wall length mirror and stared my reflection in the eyes.

"What are we gonna do, Y/N?" I whispered to myself as I rubbed at my eyes, careful not to smudge the eyeliner that the makeup artist had put on me before I arrived here.

I gripped the counter and looked down at it. Nothing about its pattern was interesting, but staring at the marble slab was much easier than staring at myself and wondering how I let my life get here. As I focused on the counter, I heard the door open. I quickly looked into the mirror and saw it was just Victoria.

She wordlessly approached me and placed her hand on my back. "You okay, Y/N? I was worried you were in here crying or something." She rubbed my back sympathetically.

I chortled, "Don't be silly, Vic. You watched me cry for months before I even got involved in this movie. There's nothing left. This is just fucked, I'm fucked, my career is fucked. What am I supposed to do?"

"First, calm down," she said and turned me to face her so she could fix my chain, "When we got involved with this movie I told you that you will have a comeback, and that it will be good."

I couldn't resist rolling my eyes, "You saw their faces, they think I'm a joke."

"Do you trust me?"

"You've been with me for years-," she cut me off.

"It was a yes or no question, Y/N."

"Yes, Victoria Monét McCants. I trust you."

She smiled, "Okay then. All you have to do is smile for the rest of the night. I already have a solution that'll take effect tomorrow afternoon."

"A solution?"

She lifted a finger up to my lips to silence me, "No questions. You trust me, remember?"

So for the rest of the night, I clung to the shreds of my dignity and plastered a smile onto my face even though I had fully dissociated. I took pictures, I did interviews, I attended the dinner after the premiere, I went home, and I let myself forget about the entire ordeal as I went to sleep.

"Y/N!" I heard Victoria say in a singsong voice right outside my bedroom door.

I sighed and opened it which took her by surprise, normally I'd be asleep, because that was one thing I thoroughly enjoyed, but after last night, every time I closed my eyes all I could see was myself in that horrendous lacefront on the big screen.

"We leaving now?" I asked.

She looked down at my outfit in what could basically be equated to disgust and then back up at me, "Not like that? We're going somewhere somewhat fancy. At least look business casual."

She pushed past me and into my room. She made a beeline for my closet. I heard her shuffling around, the sound of hangers sliding across the metal rack.