chapter 1.

"wanna summon a ghost?."
                          - Corvina Moore.                
                       _____________________

My name is Corvina Moore, my friends call me Cora, simply because I do not like Corvina.

My mother named me Corvina
because that grandmothers name, before she passed, and ten years later my mum died.

Along with my dad, but quite frankly he wanted nothing to do with me, he despised me, all because of my dead older brother, Lucian Moore.

I watched them all die.

And yes that sounds sour and bitter, almost sociopathic, but I promise it's not.

They died in a fire, aparrently it was an electronic fire and some wire had connected to some gas, but seriously I don't believe it.

I think it's was a set up, someone murdered my parents, but you can't tell salt from sugar can you?

Sometimes I think I did it.

__________

In the end people need to understand that there made of flesh that can easily be cut and bones that can be broken.

That everyone fears death, even the charming reaper.

Whilst people have burning hatred for the devil, they know they cannot withstand him, without taking the sip from he's golden cup.

All because they think there powerful, knowledgeable, smart enough to take the long way around it.

But Temptation is for the faint hearted.

Even the gods know that, and so should you.

Well obviously I had fallen for the mischievous thing, it consumed me, haunting my dreams and twisting my sacred heart.

Pulling on my words, eating my poor corrupt soul, it was more than obvious to anyone who even glimpsed at me.

With short crimson hair, burning flames dancing upon my warm locks, tugging and flickering in the warm sun.

With murky green eyes that held pain and wonder and full cherry pink lips that are fuelled with joy and peace, carrying a devilish like smirk that made even the wise old man in the clouds look twice and the devil bow down before me.

Well at least that's what my friends say.

"Do you believe in ghosts, CJ?" Maren marley asks me, her voice playfuk throwing a silk pillow at me, pulling me out of my deep trance.

"Well of course I do, don't you, mare?" I question as I look into her small hazelnut eyes, watching a small playful grin fall into her oval face, passing me the blunt from inbetween her long fingers.

"Well obviously" she laughs, clicking her tounge, watching me bring the blunt up to inbetween my lips, inhaling the deathly smoke for a moment then letting the blunt leave my parted lips, blowing the smoke at her face, licking her lips as she rolled over on the red duvet covered bed, leaving wrinkles and dents as she crawls over to where I was propped up on her bed.

The school we go to, bandbridge academy, is a school for the lost.

Me and mare have been best friends for over 5 years, with sorta benifits.

Her parents abandoned her, mine died.

"Wanna summon a ghost?" I smirk, watching her head move up and down, slowly, taking the blunt I passed back to her and as if unsure she thought for a second moving it once more rapidly, she better be sure.

"Grab your book from the bottom drawer, I'll grab the candles." I say, my voice soft as I jump of her bed and too mine, grabbing the candles from the side and the lighter from the drawer.

"What time is it?" I say, walking over to her, quickly remembering that headmaster price checks everyone's rooms at exactly 8 for us to be asleep and room checks to make sure we don't have any "nasty" goods placed away like weed and drugs, alcohol.

Lucky for me and mare, matron gets here at exactly 8:15pm because our rooms on the far left, hence we share a dorm.

"7:45, reckon we could do it in 15 minutes?" She glances at her silver watch, blowing smoke out of her red lips,  unsure once more, I frown, goddam it.

"Nah, maybe if we had half hour, that way matron wouldn't sense it, maybe tomorrow."I sigh, grabbing the blunt back from her inhaling the bitter smoke once more before moving back to my bed and placing the pair of candles back on my drawer and the lighter back under the loose board in my underwear drawer.

Before closing it and going back to mare,giving her the blunt.

Which she inhales again, looking at me with awe and longing, as she takes the remainder of the blunt, placing it under her slippers, squashing it like a bug, bending over, picking up the squashed remains and throwing it out the open window, it's cold air being swallowed back outside as she closes it.

I walk over to my bed, grabbing my sweet Vanilla and bitter lavender perfume, from the top of my desk, spraying it all over our room and my bed, before placing it back and bidding Theresa a sweet goodnight, as she turns off the bright light, the room going dark as I fall into my silk black bed.

Breathing in I placed my head on my soft pillows and closing my eyes.

_______________

"Marley! Moore! Wake up, quickly know." Matron says very quickly as sit up, wiping my eyes, looking quickly out of the window.

...

It's still dark?

I glance over at mare who has the same pained expression on her sullen face.

"Matron, it's not even sunrise?" I question, throwing the blanket off from my body, quickly throwing my arms over me, from the freezing cold.

"Yes dears I know, your being transferred to another school" my heart stops.

And all off a sudden I cant breathe.

Like someone has snatched the air from my lungs, and trapped it in a air tight container.

"What do you mean we are being transferred?" Mare scoffs, it's quite clear were being lied to, though we're still going to play with the lies.

Like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"Pack your things, you two, you don't have a choice, quickly now" the matron says coldly, and suddenly the sweetness in her brittle voice is ripped away.

I get up from my bed with a huff, pulling the empty suitcase from under my bed, lifting up the weightless material and throwing it on my bed, along with my clothes, and the special sock that held my weed.

The lighter that's stuffed in my jumper sleeve, my satanic book, underwear, scarfs, the last remaining photo of my parents, and a few other things.

We packed in silence, not daring to utter a singular word in the presence of matron, she can get a little demonic.

We changed quickly, warm clothes, we are in the middle of winter in France.

And I'd rather not freeze to death on the trip to wherever we are going.

We walk down the hallway, following the demonic widow and leaving our dorm for probably our last time.

Maybe were being executed?

Maybe I should get on my knees and beg.

But I'd rather not, seemingly as I will welcome death in my arms, like a friend rather than an enemy.

After all I've lived my 16 years in peace and harmony (lies)

But I really have had a good trapped life.

"Mare?" I whisper to the tall figure Infront of me, as she slowly turns her head back, asking me what I want.

The urge to be cocky and say you to piss her off. "Where do you think were being taken?" I question her as she swallow and thinks for a minute before shrugging her shoulders and turning back around.

Fuck me, goddam it.