Castle of desire 3: For the love of Kings

“The spell kept them alive?” Levi asked. Hange began to pace chin resting in her hand.

“Yes, I think it did. You recall what was actually told to us?” she asked. Levi sighed pinching the bridge of his nose to keep from throttling her.

“We will remain trapped here for a thousand years. The petals will mark our time. If by the time the last one falls, love has not called we shall perish in the morning sun.” Levi recited.

“Yes, we never understood the love has not called part. The spell kept Eren alive, because you still love him. If Eren can remember you, can still love you by morning we might not perish.” Hange stated.

“You purpose I take him into the bedroom and remind him of who we are?” Levi growled.

“Well, that would be the fastest way…” Hange pointed out. Levi erupted from the seat.

“I am not going to rape him to save our hides!” He yelled throwing a pillow at the startled female.

“That’s not what I meant! You egotistical fool!” Hange yelled. “We have but a few hours before day break. How do you plan on getting him to remember your love?” She squealed.

Levi sank back to the love seat next to Eren. He looked defeated. “I wasn’t planning on getting him to remember us. I was just going to send him back out.” Levi stated.

“Oh, no, no, no, no!” Moblit hissed. He sprang up to begin pacing too.

“What? You’re getting as bad as shitty glasses!” Levi yelled.

“We have been stuck here for a thousand years. Not once have any of the humans been able to penetrate the magical barrier and enter our world. We have been able to see and hear them from time to time. Even mess with them a bit as some sort of apparition, but never had anyone full on came through…” Moblit raised his worried eyes to Eren.

Everyone in the room turned to look at Eren. Levi reached out to take the teens hands. He pulled their familiar warmth onto his own lap. Erwin eyed the bewildered look on the others face. He had known Prince Eren to be somewhat of a dim boy. Not stupid, but he didn’t always see what was right in front of him. Mikasa called him headstrong. She was by far the better choice for the realm.

“If Eren is here, then…” Erwin whispered.

“He is now part of the curse. I don’t think he will be able to leave, Levi.” Moblit muttered.

“NO!” Levi was on his feet again. “Eren will not perish here with us!” He spun yanking the boy up. “You must leave at once. I cannot imagine your light fading from this world in such a horrible way!” Levi cried. He dragged Eren towards the parlor door. The snacks were gone that Moblit had made. They had sat for hours talking. Levi trying to drink his fill of the face he loved so much.

Out in the kitchen Levi thrust Eren’s belongings at him. Once Eren had them ready he looked at Levi. “If I leave before morning I lose the bet.” He informed them.

“Who cares about a bet. Your life is in danger!” Levi cried. “You must live, for us! For our love. Pleaase I cannot bear!” He chocked up on his words as the tears filled his eyes. He touched the sun-kissed cheek.

“You belong in the world, Eren Yeager. You deserve to grow, to love, to be loved properly. Take my heart with you, and allow us to pass into the void. We have been placed out of time for so long, who knows what the world would be like for us.” Levi kissed Eren’s cheek tenderly.

As if it had been listening to their plight, a huge toiling bell rang in the castle’s dusty air. Once, twice, three times. When the fourth chime rang out and none followed Levi gasped.