2.10 | Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Please leave," Demetri finally spoke up, Kalon sniffled and accepted his decision. She turned to walk out, stopping for a moment before looking back. "I might not have the right to say this but... I don't want us to be over, Demetri. But if that is what you want, I'll accept it," Kalon told him before she left without another word shared between the two of them. When Kalon got into her car, she pulled out her phone and clicked on a contact, holding the phone to her ear waiting for them to answer. "Kalon? I wasn't expecting--" Hawk was cut off, "I told Demetri about the kiss. He kicked me out but... I don't know where we stand now."

Hawk was silent as he listened to Kalon's broken voice, he felt more guilt and shame than ever as he only managed to hurt the girl he loved more than he already did. "I guess you'll get what you wanted... he'll probably break up with me but know this, Eli Moskowitz, you and I will never happen," Kalon told him sternly before she hung up without another word. She leaned back against her seat and began crying, her heart aching because she knew, she was in love with Demetri Alexopoulos and now, she was going to lose him and there was nothing more she could do; the choice was his.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Kalon pulled up to the local diner where everyone typically hung out, she headed inside with her hood pulled over her head to hide her puffy eyes and flushed cheeks. She sat down at her usual booth hidden in the corner of the place, she pulled her knees up to her chest and leaned into the corner as the waitress walked over to her. "What can I get you, darl?" She asked holding a notepad and pen in her hands. "I'll get my usual, Penelope," Kalon replied, the older woman nodded her head and moved to do as she requested. The pink-haired girl pulled out her phone and saw multiple messages from Hawk and Miguel asking to know where she is and if she was okay; but she ignored them.

Kalon opened Wattpad and began looking through her library for her comfort book, smiling sadly when she located it and began reading from the beginning again despite knowing how it ends. Her food was placed in front of her by the time she reached the forth chapter and by the tenth, she had finished her food and was just playing with the straw of her cherry coke as she continued reading. By the time she had reached the last chapter of the book, the diner was closing for the night and Kalon paid for her food before making her way out of the diner and towards her car.

However, she was frozen in place at the sight of Mike Kline leaning back against the car with a smirk on his face. "What do you want?" Kalon asked as she took a quick look around the parking lot, frowning at its empty presence. "We have unfinished business, Kalina," Mike replied with a look that made the girl feel uneasy. "No, we don't. So you have one chance to walk away, Kline," Kalon warned cautiously. "Oh no... not sure if you heard but Cobra Kai has become my domain now," Mike informed her causing every drop of fear to spill over Kalon within an instant.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Carmen was putting the trash out as Miguel had been too distracted to do so when she saw Kalon's car pull up. The older woman smiled softly and made her way over, the door opened and the sight before her made her gasp. "Kalina!!" Carmen exclaimed as she rushed forward and caught Kalon as she fell out of the driver's side. "What happened, Kalina," Carmen asked softly as Kalon whimpered. Her left eye was swollen and bruised heavily, the almost black of her skin terrified Carmen. Her lip was bleeding and bruises littered her arms, her breathing was shallow and Carmen was reminded of the time Miguel was carried home by Johnny and Kalon after the Halloween dance.

"Kalina?" Carmen carefully caressed the girl's face, she looked up at the woman and sniffled. "It hurts..." Kalon whimpered out before a tear fell. "Oh mi hija, it's gonna be okay. I'll get you all fixed up and the wounds will heal," Carmen promised as she helped the teenager stand up. "That's not what hurts... I hurt Demetri... Eli kissed me and... I kissed him back for a moment before shoving him away... I cheated on the boy I'm in love with... I love Demetri and now, he'll leave like everyone else," Kalon cried as they reached the Diaz apartment, "I always screw things up... I really am a Lawrence..." Carmen's heart broke hearing the girls broken tone.

As Carmen cleaned up Kalon's wounds due to her denying a hospital, she couldn't understand how a girl as sweet and kind as Kalina Lawrence was dealt such horrible cards in her life. Yaya stood behind Carmen, her eyes stern as she waited for her grandson to get home from Cobra Kai; The woman was eager to snap at Johnny too after hearing Kalon's story as the women tried to keep her awake. When the door opened later that night, Miguel walked in with a yawn only to see his mother sitting at the table wiping away tears. "Ma, what's wrong?" Miguel asked as he closed the door and rushed over to her.

"It's Kalon, mi hijo," Carmen replied before leading her son towards his room where she had left Kalon to rest watching YouTube videos. Miguel walked ahead of his mother once she stopped, he was confused at first but then he got a better look at Kalon and her condition. "Kali!?" Miguel quickly moved to sit next to her, she paused the video she was watching and looked up at her best friend while Carmen left the room knowing the two friends needed to talk. "Who did this?" Miguel asked, his eyes filled with fury while Kalon took steady breaths, she came clean about everything.

When Kalon was asleep, Miguel had pulled his phone out and texted Hawk to meet up, he agreed. Miguel kissed the top of Kalon's head before slipping his shoes on and sneaking out of the apartment, he made his way to the spot he had set up with Hawk, the boy already waiting for him. "Hey man, what's going on?" Hawk asked Miguel with a shrug. Miguel punched Hawk in the jaw before stepping back, Hawk groaned at the pain and stretched out his jaw. "So Kalon told you what happened..." Hawk said while Miguel glared at him. "You're lucky most of my anger is on someone else right now," Miguel sneered at his friend. "Who?" Hawk asked. "Mike Kline," Miguel growled.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Rosemary Speaks

Kalon told Demetri the truth, but they didn't break up, could that be good news?

Oh shit, Mike confronted Kalon when she was alone... what do you think of that?

Poor Carmen, to find Kalon in that state. And Miguel's reaction... how do you feel about that?

Thoughts, Suggestions or Questions?

See you in the next chapter!