2.8 | Goodbyes

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Kalina Laura Lawrence felt free. She felt at peace for the first time since she first met Miguel, she genuinely believed that her decision to join Miyagi-Do Karate was the best choice she made. She had received a message from Miguel about her decision but ultimately he accepted her choice and promised he wouldn't let the opposing feud destroy their friendship. Kalon tried to fight back the feeling of doubt by Miguel's words, she didn't trust Kreese not to get in the boy's head the way he did with her father.

However, Hawk didn't share those sentiments, the boy was fuming because it placed more distance between the two of them and formed a closer bond with Demetri. He was restless with the knowledge that she had kissed him back and yet, instead of ending things with Demetri like he hoped she would, it only made the rift between them stronger and it killed him inside as he stared down at the thorned rose tattoo upon his wrist ─ The symbol of his love with Kalon.

Kalon hadn't had a proper conversation with her father since the change, the two exchanged simple greetings when they passed one another but their former bond had quite the troublesome rift between them in the form of John Kreese. But of course, there was still one thing drowning within Kalon's mind: the kiss she shared with Hawk. She was beyond angry with herself for melting in the moment, she knew that telling Demetri was the right thing to do but she couldn't bring herself to say it ─ 'cause it makes it real.

And as she threw punch after punch into the hanging bag in front of her, standing alone in the dojo with hot tears streaming sneakily down her cheeks, that feeling of freedom faded out into a feeling of dread and goodbyes. In her rage, she said her goodbyes to the girl she was before, goodbye to the boy she had fallen in love with, goodbye to the bond she shared so closely with her father, goodbye to the cobra and finally, goodbye to the one thing that held her back ─ Herself.

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Kalon was cleaning through her room when a sudden knock pulled her from her thoughts, she turned her head to see her father leaning on the door frame. "What's going on?" Johnny asked after clearing his throat, he noticed some of her things in boxes and feared she would be leaving though he wouldn't blame her. "I'm, uh─I'm not leaving," Kalon told him as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Oh, that's... good," Johnny replied awkwardly despite being happy she wasn't leaving.

"I'm just going through my things and getting rid of a lot of it, making some changes... Sensei─Mr LaRusso said that going through my personal space would help me clear my mind and remove the clutter both physically and mentally," Kalon explained to her father as she turned back to her desk, she picked up a porcelain dog and smiled at it. "I remember when I bought that home for you... you wanted a dog but I─I refused to let you and that made you happy," Johnny said with a small smile.