1.5 | Time For A Change

· · ─────── ·✿· ─────── · ·

Kalon got up early for school, she had a shower and changed into some black skinny jeans, a cropped grey top with a red leather jacket. She slipped on her converses and clipped on her necklace before grabbing her backpack and phone, she made her way out of her room and double-checked her bag for her purse and keys. "Dad?" Kalon spoke before looking up to see him ready and waiting to drive her to school.

"Good morning," Johnny spoke before kissing the top of his daughters head. She raised a brow at him as he opened the door and let her walk out, she ignored the potential chance that her father was abducted and now replaced by a Skrull which would lead to an opportunity to meet Carol Danvers, and took the opportunity to lock this sweet moment in her head for their next drunken argument.

The first lessons of the day dragged on for Kalon, she already wanted to leave and head to the Dojo for more lessons. But thankfully, lunch came along and she was ready for the change. Kalon stopped at her locker to put some books away while Miguel headed into the cafeteria without her by his side. He looked around hoping to spot her but had no luck, he looked down to see two boys sitting alone.

"Is it cool if I sit here?" Miguel questioned them. "Ooh, sorry, our table is really blowing up right now," Demetri tells him before continuing, "I can put you on the waitlist, but it's probably next semester at the earliest." Miguel nodded with a sigh before turning to walk away. "Okay. No, I'm kidding. Sit," Demetri motioned for him to sit down. "Miguel," Miguel introduced himself. "Demetri. This is Eli. He's a man of few words," Demetri introduced, Miguel looked to him with a small nod.

Miguel's eyes moved towards Samantha, Yasmine and Moon as they spoke with each other. "Dude, don't torture yourself. Those are the rich girls," Demetri explained to Miguel. He was checking them out but he assumed by their appearances that they were Kalon's usual friends. "Do you ever talk to them or...?" Miguel asks making Demetri scoff. "Oh, yeah, all the time. We hang out after school. Make out, give each other hand jobs. Eli here is the homecoming king. Gets laid more than anyone. Isn't that right, Eli?" Demetri rambled making Eli smile softly.

"Talk to them? You realise what table you're sitting at, right? You've pretty much signed away all hopes of losing your virginity before college," Demetri says to Miguel while Eli looks towards the girls. "Oh, shit, Yasmine's looking at us. Probably just making fun of me," Eli spoke up quietly. "Kalon! K-Queen, over here!" Moon called, the three boys looking behind them to see the blonde standing there with a tray in her hand.

Kalon let out a slow breath as she looked at the girls before looking around till her eyes landed on Miguel who sent her a small smile, Kalon smiled back at him. "Dude... Kalon Lawrence just smiled at you," Demetri spoke causing Miguel to shrug. Kalon walked towards Miguel who pulled out a seat for her causing Demetri and Eli's eyes to widen ready to witness his humiliation when she'd walk by the seat to her friends.