I sighed drying my hair. My face looked tired and there were bags under my eyes. My body was demanding rest. I needed to sleep. No matter what.

Just then my cellphone vibrated revealing a text message. My eyes lighted up seeing the name of the sender and my fatigue evaporated instantly.

It was from Derek.

"Just updating about Liam. He's fine and sleeping like a panda. Also he snores ;p "

I chuckled inaudibly careful not to wake Valerie.

"Vallie snores too. Can't sleep :(  P.S. thanks for the updates."

I pressed send and went back to towel drying my hair. I applied rose gel on my face to relieve stress from the facial muscles. Really, rose gel is very effective.

There was another buzz in a few seconds.

"Come over. You can help me study."

The moment I read the text my cheeks went up in flames. My heartbeat was in a rush and my hands started to shake. God!! He is asking me to come to the library. He wants my help in studying. 'Or he just wants to see you' my subconscious mind added a flare. And I blushed.

I typed a reply with shaky hands and blood red cheeks.

"See you in 10."

_________________________

~~ The Library ~~

I had expected the library to be eerily quiet, with not many students around considering it was almost midnight. But to my utter surprise, it was the opposite of quiet and vacant.

Several students, final year I suspect, both boys and girls were perched upon the wooden chairs, books and notebooks sprawled open in front of them on a large shiny mahogany table. Some of them were neck deep in their thick medical books while others were studying in a group, discussing various topics in hushed whispers.

But the whispers were not just whispers anymore. It felt like the entire library was cocooned in an erratic vibration. I could the see the irritation on the faces of the two night  coordinators.

My eyes scanned the area for the one person that I wanted to see. But I couldn't find him anywhere. I pulled my phone from the hoodie pocket and typed a text to Derek.

"I m here. Can't see you. Are you upstairs??"

And pressed send.

I was waiting for Derek's reply when a husky  velvety voice addressed me from behind.

"What are you doing here??"

I turned around immediately recognising the source of the voice.

Alex freaking Anderson.

He was standing right behind me, too close than I would have wanted him to be, wearing a confused expression on his face. His face, I thought, was so calm and serene when I saw him, like actually saw him outside the on call room. His ocean blue eyes, so serene that I could dive into them and relax without a worry in the world.

I shook myself out of the fantasical world and mentally slapped myself for having such thoughts about a douche, that too Derek's step brother.

What the hell is wrong with me?????

"It is none of your business." I said swallowing my throat.

Alex smirked his signature I-am-a-douche smirk and said, "Lemme guess you're here for the boring broody final year guy. Green eyes. Leather jacket." He teased. "Am I going in the right direction??"