Su Yi said politely, "There's no need to go to all that trouble, I'm going to finish filming soon anyways."

"Oh right, I heard that yesterday Tu Jinglan poured water on you? She's too much."

Although she said so quite angrily, it was very clear she was trying to get Su Yi to say something.

"It might have been an accident." Su Yi mumbled.

Seeing that she couldn't get anything out of her, the other didn't keep on this topic. "Your lips are really pretty today, what colour is your lipstick?"

Su Yi smiled. "My make-up artist chose it for me, I'm not too sure either."

"Ah ... your make-up artist, is it that ―" The actress' voice suddenly dropped a few notches as she continued, ending with her near Su Yi's ears. "That effeminate boy?"

Su Yi's smile faded a little and she said nothing.

"I've seen him a few times, doesn't he really like to stick his pinky up*? When I hear him speak I always get goosebumps."

[T/L: Pinky up (lan hua zhi): an action like when someone holds a teacup and sticks their pinky out, but when used as a gesture without actually holding a teacup, usually ends up as a derogotary description of a guy since it's associated with gay/feminine men – like someone would say: 'Hey, that guy likes to do that' to hint that that person is really gay/feminine.]

"He's a brilliant make-up artist." Su Yi looked away from her and said, "He's very dedicated."

The actress's words were rebuked before she could say it, and she could only nod hastily. "Ah ... that's pretty good."

Su Yi leant forward to take a look, beside Chu Ying was a male celebrity.

Chu Ying reached out and held her hand, turning his head to ask, "What's your award?"

Su Yi took out her phone and looked at Wu Xue's message. "The best debut supporting actress."

It didn't sound like a very important award, nor was it a noted, it was chosen internally with no other 'competitors'.

The gala soon began. The organisers had hired some old-time hosts, so once they stood on the stage, with just a few lines of conversation between the two hosts it felt like they were in a very important award ceremony. As it was a live-stream, if they spoke too much they wouldn't be able to complete this show on time, so after only a few lines, the hosts went on to the actual award distribution.

The ones at the onset were mostly consolation prizes, with the important awards given out towards the end, so in the first half there wasn't too much excitement.

The camera went around a lot, and the ones given the most screen-time were a few very important guests and some currently trending celebrities. Then it was Su Yi.

On the nth time the camera focused on Su Yi and the guy beside her, she tugged on her lips and forced a smile. Chu Ying, however, was completely expressionless – there wasn't a single shot of him smiling.

Afraid that he would be impatient, she took a look at the time and said softly, "My award is very small, looking at the time it should be my turn soon, how about we leave after I get my award?"

Chu Ying tilted his head and smiled. "All right."

Finally, they got to the announcement of the best debut supporting actress. The person giving out the rewards looked at the card and said with a smile, "The best debut supporting actress is –"

Su Yi let go of her guy and arranged her dress carefully, getting ready to stand up.

"– Chen Yang! Congratulations!"