Chapter 41

Su Yi had always done things decisively. The very same day when they returned to the hotel after filming, she had An Xuan pack and leave.

As An Xuan sniffled while packing, sat to the side, comforting her. "Stop crying, it's fine, you'll never meet a boss as fierce as me."

Wu Xue didn't manage to stop her bark of laughter.

An Xuan felt even worse then, her voice hoarse as she asked, "Yi-jie, you really can't give me one more chance?"

Seeing that she was crying this hard, Su Yi didn't want to put things too harshly. "Tomorrow there's no need to follow me to the set, when do you intend to return to Beijing? I'll pay for the ticket."

This was basically putting an end to the topic.

An Xuan knew there was no room for negotiation anymore, and shook her head. "I'm not returning to Beijing yet."

Oh yeah, she forgot that the other's boyfriend was still here.

She nodded. "Sure, then let Wu Xue know when you intend to return, let her help you book the tickets. If you have nowhere else to stay, you can stay here for the time being."

Having said that, she turned and left; Wu Xue followed her out.

"For your next assistant I'll pick someone more experienced." Wu Xue contemplated. "At least I need to pick one that won't lose their job because they're dating someone."

Su Yi nodded. "Do as you wish. Oh by the way you've been here for this long with me, why aren't you flying back to Beijing?"

"What for?" Wu Xue shrugged. "My parents have returned to stay in Hainan."

Su Yi side-eyed her but said nothing more.

Thinking about it carefully, they had been here for this long, and she had yet to see Wu Xue give Liu Minghao a call.

When Su Yi returned to the room, Chu Xi was playing a game on her phone.

Seeing her enter, Chu Xi asked, "You really sacked that assistant?"

"What, I would fake sacking her?" She tied her hair up. "You've stayed here for so long, when do you plan on returning?"

"I'm not getting in your way, why are you chasing me away?" After saying that, Chu Xi felt that something was off. Raising her head, she said, "Besides, I didn't come here to find you. And you promised to teach me how to deal with that rubbish guy."

Every time Chu Xi's ex-boyfriend was brought up, Su Yi couldn't help wanting to laugh. "You still need to deal with him?"

"What do you mean?" Chu Xi asked, a little miffed.

"Relax, he has nothing good waiting for him, just give it a while."

Just when Chu Xi wanted to clarify more, the phone rang – it's a WeChat notification.

She opened it and took a look, and was first mildly surprised, before she started smiling.

"Guess, who sent me a message?" Then without waiting for Su Yi to reply she answered herself. "Yang Ruolin."

This name was one Su Yi was familiar with. She imperceptibly raised an eyebrow, looking unfazed. "Oh."

Chu Xi didn't think that this would be her reaction. "Aren't you curious?"

Little girls were the most fun to tease. Keeping her tone even, Su Yi said, "She's looking for you, not Chu Ying, why should I be curious?"

Chu Xi was almost turning blue with frustration. "You don't want to know what she said to me?"