Chapter 16

When Su Yi got onto the car she'd already saved this address.

Most people love to shop at malls, there's plenty of brands there and the things tend to be of better quality. Su Yi wasn't most people though, and she preferred these little streets instead.

And Chu Ying, this one was completely out of touch with even the idea of shopping.

If he had the time, he'd rather run a few more rounds, but he did see that little spark in Su Yi's eyes.

It's just shopping...

Su Yi looked all around her as she walked out of the shop and went straight into the little stall opposite the chiropractor's and came back with two Cornettos.

She held the two in front of Chu Ying and asked, "Do you prefer chocolate or strawberry?"

Chu Ying's frown deepened, the distaste obvious on his face.

Just as he was about to speak, he saw that the person in front was staring at the chocolate flavoured cone on the right, as if afraid that he'd choose it.

In a blink of an eye, her right hand was empty.

The guy took away the chocolate cornetto, saying, "Let's go."

Su Yi was speechless.

The ice cream was a childhood memory. When he ate it again, the flavour had improved plenty; Chu Ying took a bite, the icinesss spreading in his mouth.

Thinking about Su Yi's basket of vegetables when eating out with him, Chu Ying reminded her. "There's plenty of calories in ice cream."

Su Yi instinctively pursed her lips. "I know that."

She unwrapped her ice cream, but didn't eat it – instead, she took a picture with her phone.

It's uncertain whether she intended for the other's shoes to show up in the frame.

After taking the photo, Su Yi scooped out as much ice cream as her little spoon could take and threw the rest into the rubbish bin by the road. Then she pulled her mask down and, carefully, started licking the ice cream on the spoon.

Chu Ying wanted to laugh, but looking at the way she was eating, even his own ice cream started tasting better.

Su Yi asked, "Was that chiropractor just now your friend?"

"Yeah."

"He's an ex comrade too?"

"No," Chu Ying said. "We met outside of camp."

"During a mission?"

She had really guessed it.

The master's previous clinic was their little town's biggest shop, with plenty of students and a reputation for being really good at what they did. Plenty of people from the city would willingly make a trip to go find him for a massage. No thanks to a landslide, not only was the clinic gone, but the people were also trapped inside.

It's fortunate that they weren't there for long before they were saved, with Chu Ying being the leader of that search and rescue team.

However, Chu Ying didn't answer her and Su Yi didn't continue asking. After finishing her ice cream she pulled her mask back on.

They were both really tall, which, together with Chu Ying's rather out-of-place suit, made sure they really stood out in the crowd.

They passed a shop selling ornaments.

Su Yi took a turn and entered first. Chu Ying paused for a moment before following her in.

The shop was small, one person took up half of the aisle by just standing there. They had to walk sideways to get into the shop. They were standing so close to each other – in a stall so poorly ventilated – that Chu Ying could clearly smell the light scent on Su Yi. He couldn't quite place the fragrance , but it smelled good.