"Just follow me, I swear you won't regret it" Maya replied, squeezing through the small gap of people to go even further in the crowded place. " Yes, this is perfect. Let's sit here" she started sitting down, tapping a spot beside her, motioning me to join her.

I sighed and sat down. A few feet in front of us are a group of people playing some music, jamming with their musical instruments. I looked around the square. There were quite a lot of people around, some just hanging out while most of them glued their eyes to the people that were playing, girls to be exact, giggling and talking.

Oh my god! Did you see him?

They are so handsome I'm going to faint.

Where did he go? Is he coming back or not?

He left a few minutes ago. Let's just wait

The voices from the crowd keep blabbering, but I can't point out who's the one although the ones beside us also keep giggling and fangirl-ing. I turned my attention towards Maya, silently asking what are they talking about, whom I know heard it too.

"They're talking about Reece," she replied to my unvoiced question. When I didn't react, her eyes widened in realization. "King? You don't know Reece King? Seriously? He's like the reason most girls applied to study here. Only to get a glimpse of him." she explained, dumbfounded.

"Sorry May, you know I never really care about this stuff," I said, feeling embarrassed for not knowing what seems to be an obvious knowledge. "is he like...famous? Or something?" I asked carefully, as my hand starts unwrapping my cheeseburger.

"Something like that. You've heard of the King Industries, right? He is the heir of that multi-million dollar company and he's hot too so.. yeah, he is very well-known" she explained while munching her curly fries. "He and his close friends played some songs to kill time, for fun here. So the students took that as an opportunity to stare"

I nodded in understanding. Dad has mentioned the King Industries before, but I never really pay attention to them since it is about his work. "So you're one of their fans? Wait, you didn't suggest this campus for that right? I asked her teasingly. The way she excitedly runs over here to find a good spot just to see them is kinda pointed towards that theory.

She scoffed "No, I just want to see what's the real deal. I overheard the neighbor kept talking about him so might as well treat my eyes with beautiful guys." she wiggles her brows up and down, making me laugh. Her eyes then turned toward them playing at the front.

"I'd met one of the twins before though. All of them are famous around here," she added in.

"Really? Which one?" I asked, taking a bite of the burger.

"Nick Johnson, the one's playing the drum, I met him at one of my family's dinner parties." She claimed as she takes a sip of her soda. 

Knowing that I probably had no clue who is who. Maya began to try to help me by explaining each of them. The dark blonde haired guy is Nick, In front of him on the right side is his twin, Nate, had the same hair color but slightly longer and curlier, plucking on his guitar, and at the center of them is Daniel Hardings, the lead singer with a light blonde mob hair.

Just as she placed her soda back on the ground, the excited murmurs and gasp starts to build up again. I turned my attention to the subject. Then walked in whom I assumed was Reece King, with the crowds' help of course. The second my eyes turned to him, I began to understand the craziness that Maya has talked about. 

All of his friends are good-looking, however, Reece is on another level, there is something about him that gives out some kind of vibe that I don't even know how to explain or know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing. His messy dark brown almost black quiff hair suits perfectly with the sharp jaw.

"You're staring too hard there, Adaline. Does someone got a crush now?" Maya nudges my shoulder, teasing me.

Immediately, I felt like I was awake from some kind of daydream. Sudden warmth began to creep onto my cheeks "No I don't, I was just-- well, I didn't"

Maya laughed loudly and I can physically feel the redness on my cheeks getting darker. "Relax, I'm just teasing you. Unless..." she winked and I just shook my head as I chuckles, taking the last bite of the burger.

"Umm... Adaline?" she nudges me as I scrunched up the burger wrapper. I didn't respond, wanting to avoid her tease so she called me out louder.

"Adaline!"

I finally turned my head to her, "I don't have a crush-- why? What's wrong?" I immediately asked, in worries after witnessing her widened eyes, in shock. I then felt something change, like the area has turned hot. So I looked around and noticed that the people around are not as loud as before and almost all of them are staring in our direction.

What is going on here?

I thought, worriedly.

"It's Reece King, look!" Maya said, and I turned my attention towards the center of the square, where he was playing the bass before and I immediately felt overwhelmed as his green eyes is staring back at my blue ones.

"Why is he staring at you?"

To be continued