Chapter 2

Almost done.

I thought to myself as my eyes began to scan around the room, all of the boxes have been emptied and folded, all of my clothes have been completely put away, and the art supplies and canvases have been organized as neatly as they can be. The easel was placed in the left corner near the window, feeling inspired to paint the color's sky one day.

The bed is now has been placed against the wall at the center of the bedroom, with complete white bedding and a light beige blanket with a touch of a mustard color. The room that I had spent all of the afternoon organizing has finally done. The room now is decorated with a natural tone color with soft light beige wood with a few splashes of black here and there. The combination of the colors has made the room look cozy, clean, and minimalist, but also with a touch of elegance.

"Roomie! I'm hungry, wanna grab something to eat?" Her head pop-in the opened door.

My stomach immediately grumbled at that. I'm hungry too "sure, what are you feeling like? Order in or?" I asked quietly while hugging my tummy, trying to calm the grumbles down a bit. Glancing at the time on my phone, it is almost half past 4 in the evening. Taken aback by how fast time goes by.

"Hmm, I was thinking of exploring around the campus and finding something to eat while at it" she explained, staring at me with hope. "If you're not too tired though.... I heard a few girls keep talking about some hot guys--"

"Ahh, there it is..." I cut her off, That is the Maya I'd grown up with.

"Aww come on! It'll be fun. I promise, We can also check the place out." She said while giving her best puppy eyes, persuading me to come with her.

I sighed "Fine, I need to freshen up a bit though. Give me about 15 minutes?"

She nodded excitedly and ran out of my room to get ready too. With only a few minutes to kill, I head over to the bathroom to wash up and touch up my make-up a bit, I must have looked crazy with all the unpacking and organizing stuff. Staring at the mirror, my blonde hair looks messier than ever, sighing. It does fit in well with the move-in theme for today. After a quick thought, I decided just to put on some kind of hat for tonight, so I did a quick little half-side braid to calm my hair down.

Opening the closet door, I ponder on what to wear, although the rain has stopped, it is still quite cold so I grab the oversized cream knitted cardigan to go over the plain white crop top that I'm already wearing and random washed blue jeans to match with a pair of ankle boots.

Just as I was finished and satisfied with my outfit, Maya approach my room " Adaline, I'm ready. Let me know when you're finished" Maya said outside the door of my room.

"Me too. Do you know any plane here that's good to eat?" I asked as I grab my phone that was seating on the bedside table.

She nodded excitedly "I know just the place to go," she said confidently with a smirk playing on her lips like she has a solid creepy plan.

Um... Am I going to be okay?

_______________

"Come quick, Adaline! We're going to miss it" Maya exclaimed over the loud music, almost running towards a bunch of people crowding, pulling my hand along the way so we would not be separated. As I was trying to balance out myself and the take-out food that we bought earlier while trying my best to catch up to her fast pace.

"Maya, where are we going?" I asked as she finally slowed down a bit. Her eyes wildly searched for a spot for us to sit. We are now at what could be the square center of the college. It is where students hang out in their free time. But today, the square is a lot more crowded than I imagined.