It made her lose so much face! How could there be this sort of guy! Being his girlfriend must really suck!

The woman angrily stomped twice then stalked towards her car.

...

Chu Ying drove to his old residence. He'd promised his mother a few days ago that he'd be home for dinner today.

Just when he went in, he saw a familiar figure on the sofa eating dessert with a sour face.

"Ying-zi, you're back." Liu Xi looked up from the junk food. "I've waited for an eternity here."

Chu Ying's expression remained unchanged as he took off his suit jacket and passed it to the maid. "Why are you here?"

"Why do you speak to Little Xi like this, the other came specially to find you," his mother said, walking out of the room. "Come, you're just in time for dinner."

At the table, Father Chu asked as he ate, "How's the company."

"Okay."

"I heard you fired Qi Lian?"

"He should have been fired long ago." Chu Ying didn't even look up. "There's no one left in the company? You dare use this sort of people."

Father Chu frowned. "Everyone changes. He may be bad now, but it doesn't mean he was never good."

Liu Xi nodded his agreement. "Uncle's right!"

It was at the end that Mother Chu said, almost off-handedly, "Right, Little Ying, Ruolin's back, do you know?"

"I don't."

"The moment she came back she asked after you." Mother Chu smiled. "If you have time go find her and have a chat, talk about your past."

Liu Xi said, "Auntie, are you trying to set him up on a blind date?"

"How is it a blind date?" Mother Chu disagreed. "Ruolin and Chu Ying have known each other since they were kids, they grew up together and are childhood friends."

Chu Ying said, "I have no time, I won't see her."

"It took her a lot of courage to come ask me, you're not being kind," Mother Chu said. "Just going to meet her won't cost you much. Time's like water in a sponge, if you'd squeeze it you'd definitely find some."

Chu Ying's expression didn't change. "I have a girlfriend."

The rock left many ripples on the lake surface. The table was silent for a few seconds.

"Who?" Mother Chu's eyes widened and she immediately threw that Ruolin out of her mind. "Tell me, which girl, is she pretty, obedient?"

"Pretty and obedient." Chu Ying's lips curved. "You know her."

Mother Chu was even more excited. "Really? Tell me who it is."

"Su Yi."

Liu Xi sucked in a deep breath.

His brother was really too cool. How long has it been and he's going to bring her home?

Mother Chu looked confused and thought about it for a long time. "Who?"

After the commercials, the imperial-harem show replay, that Mother Chu chased every night, started playing.

Chu Ying tilted his chin. "Her."

Mother Chu looked to the side. The opening credits were playing on the TV and the actors were appearing one by one, with a character introduction by each one. That lady who could make her angry every single night appeared soon on the TV, a row of words appearing beside her.