Izana refused to green light the hit on Kokonoi and Inui. He refused to kill Emma no matter what tactics Kisaki used to try and force his hand and now he was looking for the girl, results leading him towards an apartment in Edogawa. She was hiding out with Shiba. That's all he knew and it was pissing him off

He couldn't even find the 1st-generation Black Dragons. The plan had always been to isolate you, just like Mikey. To take away anyone who could sway you from a path of violence. He knew Wakasa would do just that if he had a say in any of this. So, the most obvious decision would to make sure those old men couldn't interfere. Ever.

Kill all three of them and that wild card little sister too.

On top of all that Kisaki was sure that there was a rat in Tenjiku. He was positive of that. It was a partial trap, the busted drug deal. What cemented it was the failed hit on the Mitsuya residence. There was no way anyone could find out, it was drawn in complete secrecy. The only way anyone would know is if there was someone looking for that information.

You had showed up before anything had happened. The only explanation was that you had a mole in Tenjiku.

Kisaki steeled himself as the bike whipped around a corner.

Sun Tzu's Art of War says, "When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard," Something Kisaki believed you had over looked. It also says, "In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Kisaki's entire life had fallen into chaos, so when Hanma called him, letting him know that Izana was currently moving to meet with Mikey at the cemetery, well, he had his opportunity. Izana was meeting with the enemy.

You would be there.

Kisaki was desperate and being pressed fairly hard, but he still had a way out, a way to win this war.

And Kisaki was tired of Izana's stalling. 

º

º

º

At least that's what you thought anyways.

The setting sun glared in your face as you watched Izana and Mikey from a distance. They were actually talking.

Leaning against the brick wall facing the cemetery, Takemichi on the other side of the road with you, you thought hard about Kisaki. Takemichi had been thirsty and you were trying to keep everything in sight. You knew if Kisaki would strike, he'd do it while you and Mikey were nearby.

Because.

Sun Tzu's Art of War was Kisaki's favorite book growing up, those were the tactics he's always used.

Predicting his movements became that easy.

"What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease."

You played Kisaki for six full years. While it was true you were found out and swiftly executed, you then traveled through time and continued the game of out playing him. The fact he was moving as expected, well, Kisaki had become predictable.

Kisaki would target Takemichi next. Sure, at this point maybe Kisaki had some fucked up attachment to the guy, but from what you've gathered, Kisaki was far too desperate now.

You'd just have to protect Takemichi on your own right now, no need to involve everyone else in this theory since the plan was just far too important to change now.

The opposition.

Kisaki always had an inferiority complex. Mix that in with his isolated childhood? This guy obviously turned out this way. He couldn't form healthy relationships with others and you knew that. Hanma had always said he was a tool of Kisaki's. Why was he proud of that? You'd never know. But one thing you did know?

Kisaki and Hanma were your enemies. No matter their reasons, you would defeat them. You just had to make sure no one fucking died. Easier said than done considering you weren't god.

It was true that Kisaki was smart, smarter than you too, but it was also true that he was usually surrounded by idiots who thought more with their fists.

Kisaki was a fourteen year old snot nosed punk right now. You'd be pathetic if an actual child could out maneuvered you. He hadn't had the same time to refine his tactics like you had. 

It was time for the offensive because your real enemy was Hanma. What was the point of changing the past if someone could jump around too? What if he could go farther at some point and fuck up everything?

You'd defeat Hanma here.

The fight starts tonight.

[a/n] Been busy in and out of doctor's appointments and hospital stuff. will return to updating more regularly soon with longer chapters