Epilogue

Ezekiel

My classmates were busy checking stack of file projects from the other sections. That's only possible if the teachers were too tired or there's too much on their plate. We're very busy, too. But based on what I've heard from the other teachers, students don't have the right to be stressed on their school works. And all I could say is that, it's pure bullshit.

I know it's not our obligation to check the papers but we still do it, anyway. I couldn't say no. My grandpa would kill me.

It's not because I'm afraid to him, but I respect him highly. And also, a senseless argument worn me out.

So, what can I do? Nothing, but secretly delights on giving a hardcore feedback on their papers especially to those students who have low scores on their projects. It may sounds brutal and mean. I don't care. That's how I released my frustrations to our teachers who made us like their pets.

Another batch from other section came in our department. Five girls from STEM approached me as they talked too loudly. I noticed how they secretly pushed the girl in the middle towards me. She was shaking her head while grinning like a cheshire cat at her friends.

She's a petite lady with 5'2 height. She has a heart shaped face as her long wavy hair swaying softly by the breeze. Her heart shaped lips curved into a vibrant smile.

There's something on her smile that tugged my heart. I'm not sure why, though. I bet, her smiles could flutter every man's heart. Seriously, it's not everyday I've compliment someone but when I do, I'm not lying.

However, as much as I wanted to compliment her beautiful smile, her presence annoyed me big time.

"Huy, wag naman kayong pahalata!" I heard her whispered to her friends.

"Hurry up na kasi, Lanna! Ikaw na magbigay sa papers natin sa bebe boi mo," one of her friends said.

They handed their papers to Lanna, as what they called, before they pushed her again towards me. I saw her gulped nervously as her gaze landed on me. She started walking but as someone as her who looked so stupid, she suddenly tripped on her steps in front of me.

My forehead creased when she grasped my hand to support herself from falling on the ground. I could feel her palm were sticky and sweaty on my skin. Her slim and small fingers are delicate.

I heard her friends groaned then, laughed afterwards.

"Gosh! Mamatay ako sa secondhand embarrassment kay Lanna, vebs."

"Natural, kinabahan na yan kasi andyan bebe boi niya."

Lanna lifted her gaze on me and smiled awkwardly. I just stared coldly at her while scrutinizing her face.

"H-Hi!" she squeaked then, bit her lips.

"Dali! Picturan niyo mukha niya, ang LT! Mukhang natatae," her friends laughed again.

I towered over the girl in front of me as she stood up straight then, tried hard to look at me casually.

"Submit sana kami ng projects namin. Sabi ni Ma'am Araneta, sayo raw namin ipapasa," she said as she handed me their papers.

I accepted it but the moment our hands accidentally touched, I felt her hands shamelessly caressed my fingers.

"Thank you!"

My eyes shifted on her again only to find out she suppressed her smiles.

I couldn't get off her smiles on my mind since that day.

"Ezekiel, are you listening?"

I snapped to reality then, looked up to my grandpa who's looking at me sharply. I sighed then, nodded my head to him.