Chapter 5.5: A Glimpse Of What They Can Do

Start from the beginning

I understand what he was implying. If he were to sit on the chair behind me, the sun's bright light will hinder him seeing more of the nature's beauty as it will blind him.

And if he were to seat in front, he can't see the same view I was seeing, so he chose the perfect location where the sunlight can't hinder him from seeing the beautiful view of the nature which is the place where I am sitting.

"Is that so? You doing that reminds me of myself sometimes. It'll be incredibly funny if you happen to be my male version."

Shoot! I said my thoughts without thinking. Is it because he's fun to talk with?

He flinched a little and gave a dry, nervous laugh before replying, "You're right."

I don't know what to reply next. Thus, our conversation ended.

Or so I thought.

"By the way, Ayanokouji-san, do you know what's the name of the black-haired girl sitting beside you? I don't remember her introducing herself. And you seem close to her."

Is that really the impression me and Horikita are giving?

Well, speaking of the one I am closest to, I would say it's Kei-san.

"Oh, Horikita? Did she caught your eyes, Shiba-kun?" I teased a little.

"No no no," he denied and waved his hands awkwardly. "I just don't know her name. And since we will be classmates for the next three years, it will be beneficial if we all know all of our classmates' name."

"And also, did you just say Horikita? Just like the student council president?" he continued.

I nodded in response.

"I wonder if they are siblings...?" he muttered.

"It could be. Judging by their looks and age, it's possible."

"I see. Thanks for telling me, Ayanokouji-san."

"No problem, Shiba-kun." I replied.

"By the way, Shiba-kun. Did you already receive the points for this month?"

"Yes, I checked on it earlier morning. I received exactly 73,000 points for this month. And just like Koenji-san predicted, there is a catch and our monthly allowance of 100,000 points, or so they say, isn't constant." He replied with a serious voice this time.

"How about you Ayanokouji-san? Did you receive your allowance as well?"

I nodded in response.

With that, our conversation finally ended.

I immediately returned my gaze outside. This is the peaceful and normal student life I desired.

But sadly, all of this peace and quiet experience will end today as I will be gathered with attentions later.

As time passed, students began to enter the room. Kei-san being Kei-san, she immediately talked to me after greeting Shiba-kun as if she's my best childhood friend than him. I would be lying if I say I don't feel any connection between us.

"Yo, Shiba! Did you confessed to Ayanokouji-chan today? Looking to the both of you alone together today, it looks awkward yet at the same time you two aren't giving that sort of vibes," Ike's voice was heard throughout the room that it made Koenji-san stiffen a little.

"Ike, if you're going to ask something like that, lower your voice. It may not look like it but Ayanokouji-san is probably uncomfortable with it."

Those are probably his real feelings...