08; call me

Carina's povNext day

Carina's pov
Next day

When i arrived to school i couldnt find Nancy or Jonathan who are my go to people when i need to rant. So i went to Steve. My last resort.

We were in his car as i ranted on and on about the unfortunate events that occurred last night.

"So then he asks me on a date! Can you believe that? That jerk asks me on a date while Noel Carver is in his house." I watched as Steve ran a hand through his hair and stared ahead of us with no sign of life in those eyes.

"Steve are you even listening?" i stepped out the car so we could head to class.

"Yeah.." he got out slowly. "Somethin somethin date. So you said yes?"

"No i didnt say yes!" i yelled in annoyance as we headed to the main doors of the school.

"I dont get it.... why did you say no?"

"Why would i say yes?" i narrowed my eyes at him for clearly not listening to a single word i said.

"You are the worst listener ever." i huffed out a sigh while walking off.

"Wait. Wait." he grabbed my arm. "Im sorry. Im just distracted. I havent seen Nancy and im just thinking about our fight." we continued walking again.

"Well did you call her?" we stopped at my locker so i could put some books away.

"No. Im upset."

"Steve dont be hard on her. Shes probably just scared to say it."

"But why would she be scared?"

"I dont know. You should try asking." i shrugged my shoulders.

He leaned against the lockers and nodded his head.

"Okay so you said Billy asked you on a date but you said no?" he asked trying to continue our conversation prior.

"Yeah, but he had Noel Carver in his house. So in my head im thinking, okay this guy is definitely a little player."

"Yeah... that is really shitty. But hes a very bold person for even trying to ask."

"What are you implying?" i shut my locker and we continued our walk around the halls.

"Im just saying you're not really the easiest person to ask on a date."

"Is that a bad thing?"