𝑻𝒘𝒐

January 1974
Lupin Lodge

A week had passed since Freya's attack, Camilla and Erika hadn't spoken to her since that dreadful night. She feared that they had found out about her new condition, and desired to no longer be her friends. To them, she had become a beast, a creature bound by the moon.

She had only ever known Camilla and Erika since being young girls, without them she was alone, with no one to turn to. Mr Thorn had spoken to his sister, informing her of Freya's situation and the seriousness of her condition remain a secret. Mr Thorn accompanied his daughter to England, to make sure she arrived safely passed through the security checks.

Nora Thorn lived in a small cottage in Yorkshire, England. Vast countryside surrounded Nora's home, the home was the Thorn family cottage, but her brother Henry Thorn decided to move to America, where met a woman. The pair fell in love got married and had their little Freya never returning to England again.

Freya was nervous about meeting her aunt, she had never met her before, only knowing what her father had told her. Henry wished he could stay with Freya, but he knew that his job kept him very busy and couldn't be away for too long. He guided her towards the small cottage, she took a deep breath.

"You'll love her I promise," Henry told her, he knocked on the door, a cheerful lady, with her hair in a messy bun, she smiled brightly at Freya.

"You look just like your mother," she expressed "thank goodness," she laughed

"Still joyful as ever,"

"Well come on in, it's cold out there," Nora added, she gestured for Henry and Freya to come inside "I'll show you to your room," they followed her upstairs

"It doesn't look any different," Henry commented, Nora had tidied around Henry's childhood bedroom for her niece.

Freya walked into the room sitting on the bed, gazing around her father's all bedroom, old Quidditch posters and vinyl records from the late 50s. Henry took Nora downstairs to let her familiarize herself with her new surroundings she unpacked her bag.

While her father was talking to Nora, Freya took the books that shop keeper gave her out and placed them nicely on the bedside table. She read the spin of the book that intrigued her, 'Werewolves of the New World' Freya decided to start her research on werewolves in hopes to make her transition easier when the time came.

***

The quiet countryside of Warwickshire, was where the Lupin family lived, in a cottage known as Lupin Lodge. A quiet closed off area which was well suited for Remus Lupin, in his monthly transformations. He often came home for the holidays, to help his mother and father around the house.

Remus never thought he would have been accepted to Hogwarts School, however, before his first year, he was visited by the headmaster. Albus Dumbledore; assured Remus that he would be perfectly safe at Hogwarts and that his condition would remain between Professor Dumbledore, his head of house Professor McGonagall, and the head matron Madam Pomfrey.

Remus had found great friendships at Hogwarts, friends who supported him and understood that his conditions weren't his fault. No matter how much Remus believe himself to be a monster, they wouldn't allow him to be alone, so much so they were trying to figure out how to become animagi to join him on full moons.

"Remus, breakfast is done," his mother said, knocking on Remus' bedroom door.

Remus rolled out of bed, lazily getting dressed for the day, his mother had prepared a full English breakfast for him. He would be going back to Hogwarts next week, which meant that his next transformation would be at school. After breakfast he went outside to help his father in the garden, there were some perks to Remus Lycanthropy, like his heightened sense of smell, and sharper hearing.

"Dad, do you need any help?" Remus asked as his father was crouched down looking under the porch.

"Yes, Rem there's a Knarl that ran under the porch, could you help me find him?" Lyall asked,

Remus nodded, walking around the porch hoping he could hear the small creature scurrying around. Mrs Lupin was tidying the kitchen, while her husband and son were wizards she liked to do some things the muggle way so she didn't feel out of touch with her muggle life before she met Lyall.

A visitor came to Lupin Lodge to ask Remus for his assistance when he returns to school, Remus had found where the Knarl had been burrowing. Hope and the guest approach Remus and Lyall in the garden, he smiled upon seeing the familiar face.

"Mr Lupin, I have something that I would your help with, if that would be okay with your parents?"

"Of course, Professor McGonagall, go ahead Remus I'll help your father in the garden," his mother said, Remus followed, his head of house into his kitchen.

"Is everything alright Professor?" Remus asked, he wondered what his Professor could have to say that she wasn't able to in a letter.

"Yes, I received news that they'll be a new transfer student coming to Hogwarts, after the holidays,"

"That's great Professor but how can I help?" he asked

"She is being transferred to Hogwarts because her school is unable to accommodate her new condition," Remus creased his brows "I thought you could help her settle in, it would be nice for her to have a friend at Hogwarts," McGonagall told him.

"I guess I could," he said

"She's been bitten, on the last full moon, I hoped you could help her understand a little better, support her during her first transformation,"

"She's a werewolf?" he questioned

"Yes, now I could just ask Madam Pomfrey to help her, but I believe it will be good for you as well as her to have someone you could relate to," McGonagall told him.

"Will she be in Gryffindor with me?" Remus asked

"Professor Dumbledore is going to sort her into her house before you all return, would you like to meet her before?"