🐚|ten

chapter 10, season 1

you woke up to the sound of heavy ass footsteps. you blinked your eyes a few times before sitting up. you turned over and looked over to see armin peacefully sleeping with light snores exiting his slightly opened mouth.

as you were admiring armin and all his glory, you kept hearing the footsteps. so you got up and opened the door and seen jean pacing. jean looked up and seen you standing there with a facial expression he couldn't make out. you looked... hurt, but content almost? it was confusing and jean wanted to say something, but his words were stuck in his throat.

"hey jean." you smiled sweetly. you weren't sure why, but you weren't happy to see jean. you've gotten over your crush on him, but just the sight of him made you irritated.

"hey y/n... how've you been?"

jean's tone seemed...passive. or maybe... questionable? "i've been good, really good actually. how've you been?"

"i've been good, me and mikasa really missed you." he nodded his head really fast. "you haven't came down here in a really long time." he nervously laughed.

his actions were making you concerned. you closed the bedroom door and asked jean if he wanted to talk. "yeah, let's go outside." jean grabbed your hand and tried to lead you downstairs before he was stopped.

"what's goin' on here?" armin sleepily said as he looked at you, completely ignoring jean.

"i heard some heavy footsteps so i went to check it out and it was jean pacing back and forth. his actions were sorta concerning me so i asked if he wanted to talk." you shrugged your shoulders.

armin squinted his eyes looking at jean knowing that he probably had some alternative motive. "oh okay. i'll just come with y'all." armin detached jeans hand from yours and replaced it with his while mean mugging jean.

jean felt as if he was unwanted by armin, but decided to keep quiet.

the three of you made it outside and seen connie sitting in his lawn chair with a can of beer beside him.

armin's face contorted into a look of disgust as he looked at the view and connie. you knew he was going to say something rude so you squeezed his hand hoping that he'd understand that he shouldn't say anything rude or disrespectful.

fortunately for you, armin got the hint, but he rolled his eyes in response to his surroundings.

"anyways, jean, what did you wanna talk about?" you questioned as you sat down on the law chair across from connie.

"y'all should get out of here." connie spoke for jean.

connie's statement confused you and armin. "why?" armin questioned as he sat down in the chair next to you.

"serenity's coming back today. i don't know how she's going to react and i'd rather not have to deal with that." connie explained before taking a sip of his beer.

you nodded your head in understanding. "okay, what time does she come back?"

before connie could respond, armin responded. "it doesn't matter, we're not leavin'."

you looked at jean to make sure that you both heard the same-thing. "yes we are, connie literally just asked us to leave."

armin scoffed. "doesn't matter. i'm not leaving until i see serenity." he shrugged his shoulders as he leaned further back into the chair he was sitting in.

you scrunched your face up at armin's words and just sighed in annoyance. "well, i'm leaving."

armin just shrugged his shoulders and watched you walk away from the group.

you felt a little hurt that armin didn't follow you and try to convince you to stay, but there was nothing you could do about that. you made your way up the creeky steps and went into the room you and armin were staying in.

you grabbed your duffle bag and your coat and made your way down the creeky steps once again.

"y/n." you lifted your head up and seen armin standing at the bottom of the steps. you didn't say anything, and just walked past him with no regard.

before you could make it to the door, armin grabbed your empty hand. "what're you leaving for? i thought you came here to see serenity?"

you turned around to face armin before responding. "i did come here to see her and everyone else, but connie asked for us to leave, so that's what i'm gonna do." you released your hand from armin's before leaving the house.

"na' before you get all defensive, i mean this in the most nicest way possible

"na' before you get all defensive, i mean this in the most nicest way possible." connie started. "if you like y/n, you gotta treat her better." connie finished while taking a sip of his beer.

"the fuck are you talkin' about? i treat her very well unlike some people." armin blew his cigarette smoke in jeans face, implying that he was talking about him. jean rolled his eyes in response to armin.

connie almost laughed at how untruthful armin was being. "yeah, and my sister isn't a druggie."

armin glared at connie who couldn't care in the slightest. "that wasn't funny."

"wasn't tryna be." he shrugged. "but you see how we both told lies?"

armin rolled his eyes and just continued taking puffs from his cigarette.

"do you even know where she went?" jean questioned. armin shrugged his shoulders without care.

"and you're tryna convince me that you treat her good." connie laughed. "i do treat her good." armin defended.

"uh huh. you see armin, ion really think you get it." connie put his beer bottle down before continuing. "from what i know, you're a fuckin loser back in springfield. y/n started talking to you outta pure kindness and curiosity. don't act like shit is the other way around. oh and, stop leading y/n on."

mimi
my bad for not updating in almost a month. i had really bad writers block for this book. but anyways, i have a new eren book out called "the motions" please check it out!