Letting out a huff, I ignored her hollow gaze, and Melzri's maundering, as I made my way through the hallways of Agrona's Taegrin Caelum.

My mind went through the events of my past, just as they did a lot lately.

Ever since I came to this world, I had done nothing but train. Spending hours upon hours everyday, only to be experimented on and manipulated. What do I have to show for in return? My failures. And my inabilities. I can't even spend a damn day in peace with my fiancé—my love—Cecilia.

It's all because of that bastard!

GREY!

I have been given chances upon chances to enact my revenge—to do what was right. To kill the bastard who masqueraded as our friend. To finally right the wrong that been done upon me and my love.

It is only fair that you die at my hands, Grey! You traitorous son of a bitch.

I wanted nothing more than to crush that cockroach under my feet. Yet...the underlying fact that Agrona had denied me from accepting Grey's challenge at the Victoriad—and my consistent inability to get past the white stage—means I have lost my usefulness.

I have lost Agrona's trust.

This only meant one thing. That...I have to find another way—a way, to kill that bastard without the High Sovereign's permission.

Squeezing my palms tight, I let out a shaky breath. Standing in front of Cecilia's room, I composed myself for what's to come. Just as I did that, the door swung open as a figure came out. Her turquoise eyes, which should've given me a sense of hope and peace, only stirred up the deep hatred I had for the other continent and it's lessers. "Hey Nico. Did Agrona send you to come check up on me?" Cecilia asked, looking at me with a smile.

My body instantly relaxed at her action, and my shoulders slumped. "I came here by myself. I heard you were having difficulties with your practice." I replied, moving past her to enter the room.

"Not exactly—" She replied and paused, while I turned around to face her again. "I wanted to try something else. To use the beast will inside this body. And I wa—"

"Wait, WHAT?! How many times have I told you not to do that?" I snapped, the mana around me resonated to the blazing fury that grew inside me, as they visibly vibrated and rippled away. Walking close to the girl I had fallen in love—a lifetime ago, I looked into her eyes. "I'm sorry, Cecil. I'm a bit agitated. But you still need to gain full control of your core, before touching that will". I spoke calmly.

Cecilia shook her head, walking past me as she sat at the edge of the bed. "Agrona checked my core again. He used his...ability, to show me how I can control my beast will. It's based on the memories of the previous owner of this body who had died—"

"That bastard!" I seethed in an uncontrollable rage at the thought of Agrona playing—manipulating—with Cecilia's memory again. The notion of trusting Agrona, falling for his sweet words...he wasn't so different from that traitorous bastard, I understood that. Both are cold and calculative who wouldn't think twice before killing me, or Cecilia. Though, the only comfort I had in was knowing the importance she held to him. However to be used as a tool—a weapon. "Did he erase, or alter any of your memories?" I asked, my voice cold and deep.

She blenched. "No...I-I don't know". She admitted. "But I can now fully control my mana channels and veins. It's like I am born for this. If I could control that angry will inside me..."—she paused, lowering her head—"...we could fight against our friend. I will be strong enough to kill him".

I grabbed her arm, which were more slender than the one's she had in our previous life, I remembered. "You're right. We will only be at peace when that bastard dies. Once and for all." My fingers ran past the series of rune markings on her skin, that glowed, looking livelier as I touched them. "What are you thinking, Nico?" Cecilia asked, intertwining her fingers with mine.