Ch 1 | Insomnia.

Heeseung's pov.

Every night is a futile battle.

Damn, it's torturous how long the nights are.

I've familiarised myself with every crack on my ceiling, every whirring sound from the AC, the ominous ticktock of the clock counting down to the end of my misery.

I have insomnia.

I can't sleep. No matter how hard I try, I just f*cking can't.

So, I choose not to.

Who made it a rule that nights were meant for resting? That nights were supposed to be silent?

I was never one to follow the rules.

I turned my apartment into a haven for night crawlers like me, where there are no rules.

If I can't be at peace, I'll gladly fling myself into the chaos.

The Night Society, they call it.

It's just about a few drinks, and if necessary to forget about "bad memories" for a while.

I just think this glass of whiskey in my hands will now-

"Lee Heeseung? Your "The Night Society" has been suspended. For further information, you may visit the Police station."

End of Heeseung's pov.

"What-?" Heeseung could barely now stand straight. He was way too much drunk.

"I repeat, The Night Society has been suspended. I'll see myself out now, with the people, of course. PEOPLE, EMPTY THIS PLACE RIGHT NOW. OR ELSE FINES WILL BE CHARGED."

Heeseung couldn't see properly due to the alcohol right now in his veins. But, all he could see was that it was a bunch of policemen.

But a figure in the background remained stiff in motion, when they forwarded to him.

"I told you, I'd close The Night Society at any costs."

He could recall her voice.

"So. It was you. Why did you do this?"

"Because it's f*cking illegal. And not to mention, it was ruining my mental peace! And my sleep!"

"YOU DID THIS SO YOU COULD SLEEP? FOR SLEEP? H-how could you be so f*cking selfish AND F*CKING SELF CENTRED? Do you not care for others? DO YOU EVEN HAVE A HEA-"

He blacked out.

Going a little back in time, 3 days.

"The place is quite nice. Thanks aunt.."

"You're welcome. I'll see myself out then." She said while going excusing her out.

The distance between your workplace and home was getting really long, you got tired every single night. So, you just had to change places.

And living alone well won't be such an bad idea!

Well, that's Y/n Davis-Yang. And, she's a professional journalist of a big shot company or so, you could call.

Clear hopped around you, trying to get your attention.

"Cleo. You know, i gotta run. Here's you good, your plushy & also your favourite ball of yarn. Don't mess up the place! Bye I'll come back in the evening" she said as she picked Cleo up in her arms and kissed him.

"Be a good girl." You kept her on the pillow.

"I'mm gonna be late. So.late." you said while taking your bag and practically rushing out the door.

What she didn't notice was that the floor was made of marble, and thus it made her bump into a tall guy.

Quickly collecting yourself, 'I'm so sorry-"

Dark chocolate brown eyes pierced into your hazel ones and she couldn't look away.

You found myself staring at the owner of the very chiselled chest that she just bumped into. To say that he was an attractive man would be an understatement.

A few buttons open, only leaving your curiousity active.

He was perfect in every possible sense.

His features looked as if they were
perfectly carved, and his tousled hair had strands falling perfectly on his face.

But there was something else about him that had you captivated.

You barely knew him, but there was a sad longing in his eyes that had your heart aching for him.

There was an unexplainable pull towards him and you yearned to run your thumb under those tired eyes of his.

"Watch where you're going." He said rolling his eyes, putting his hands inside his pocket and walking away.

And just like that, you lost her interest.

"Such a waste of a handsome face. Gotta wear sneakers from now on." You said while running again.