Off: I don't wanna elevate alone :(

New smirks as he blinks at the bright screen of his phone. He can just imagine the exact smooth, quiet way Off would say that in person. Just the fact that he worded it that way almost makes New laugh out loud.

Despite whatever, New genuinely loves Off's presence; he almost thinks having that boy around is something he needs to function, in the least dramatic way possible. Off provides his life with a balance that he wasn't sure he needed until he met him.

New doesn't even know why he's actually taking a moment to decide whether or not he wants to go and get high with Off; of course he does. The fact that he even doubts that he wants to go pisses him off a little. He loves Tay with every inch and corner of his heart, but the boy doesn't control him. New makes his own decisions, and he feels that if he wants to continue having Off around, he'll very well continue having Off around.

He texts Off that he'll be there, right before sliding out of bed and making sure to escape through the front door without a peep.

Off's the one who opens the door once New arrives, and it's like a breath of fresh air, after not having seen him so closely for a while. It's comparative to coming in contact with an old friend after a while, even though it's probably only been four or five days.

"Hi," Off says upon opening the door, followed by a delighted sigh.

"Hey," New replies with a soft smile before making his way inside.

Once they make their way upstairs, New discovers Gun, already sat in Off's bean bag chair, playing with the lava lamp and moving it around near his face.

"Oh---Gun," New says as he plops down on Off's bed. "I didn't know you'd be here."

"It shouldn't be news to you that I'm his best friend," Gun says dramatically, sitting up in his chair. He turns to Off teasingly. "What, you didn't tell him?"

Off throws a pillow at him as he makes space for himself on his bed as well. "I invited Gun over to save my ass," he explains to New, causing Gun to scoff.

New's eyebrows quirk up in question as Off gets out the bong.

"I wouldn't want to offend Tay by only inviting you, and having us, be together...alone and such," Off says a bit nervously.

"Listen," New replies, setting a hand on Off's shoulder. "Don't let Tay intimidate you. If you want to invite me over to hang out at anytime, don't feel paranoid about it."

"God, all these emotions are killing my vibe," Gun huffs as he crosses his arms over his chest and slumps back in the bean bag chair.

"That's as emotional and disgusting as we're gonna get today, promise," New assures him with a grin. "I need this. I feel like I haven't let loose in a while."

"Oh," Gun says, his voice turning a hint sad. His prior neutral state is suddenly replaced with a thoroughly apologetic one as he shakes his head at New. "It's always hard, Nu. Sorry."

Off turns to look at New at the exact same time New looks at him, and one expression is clearly evident on both of their faces; confusion.

"Sorry about what?" New asks.

"Yeah. What are you talking about?" Off asks, suddenly more interested as he settles his back against the bed frame and brings one of his knees up to his chest.

Gun's face turns such an obvious shade of red that New can't believe he even dare tries to lie. "I---I guess nothing. Nothing. Forget about me."

New's voice becomes unbearably stern and demanding, which is a skill he possesses that always comes in handy. "What are you talking about, Blondie?"