Chapter 42 (Final Chapter)

Magsimula sa umpisa

He snorted, "Tu? Sexy? Main woh sab bhool gaya..."

She looked at him reproachfully, "Aaj raat mere peeche dhum hilate hue aayega na... toh chune bhi nahi doongi."

"Tu kuch zyada nahi udd rahi? Iss mein tera track record bahot kharab hai. Tu khud mere saar pe chipkali ke tarah ghiregi aur mera izzat lootegi."

"Lagi shrat?! Loser has to dance for the winner," she dared him, smiling smugly. Oh, how she lived for their petty bets and dares, she couldn't wait to be with him.

He shrugged for a second before giving her a dead serious look, "You are on, sweetheart." He lived for their petty squabbles except now they were both teasing each other, and their little tussles ended in deep, soul wrenching kisses that went on all night.

They spoke for awhile about his day; he would go to Pandya Store for a bit to do his mid-month inventory checks against Dev's accounting books to see if they enough stock for the rest of the month. Gaumbi and Dev had also finalized the store designs for their new store in Veraval and if Rishita Bhabhi approved them, they could start construction. He told her there was a computer software that did a 3D model of their new store, and he was excited for her to see the Dessert Bar.

Post Noon, after lunch he would head to the soccer club, where they do conduct last minute prep. Then at 4:30 PM they would make their way to the Veraval-Somnath Stadium and prepare themselves to start the opening ceremonies at 6 PM and the game would start at 6:30 PM. Vasu told them that the seats were fully sold out, and the whole of Somnath and neighbouring cities were super excited for the match.

Raavi smiled, "Lagta hai, pura shehar aaj shaam ka intezaar kar raha hai, aur kyun na ho, Somnath main sports ka craze toh hai hi, aur Friday ka entertainment bhi set hai."

He nodded, "Main bhi aaj shaam ka intezaar kar raha hoon. Tu time se aa jaana, main tujhe kiss diye baigar game nahi khelunga." She nodded and gave him flying kisses through the phone which he pretended to catch and hug to his chest.

Soon. Very soon.

          "What!" yelped Raavi at Gate #32 of domestic departures at Sardar Vallabhai Patel Airport.

"Sorry Mam, the cabin crew from the incoming Mumbai flight have been delayed. As a result, we are delayed by an forty-five to sixty minutes. So, you have to wait here for awhile longer before we depart for Keshod," said the lady at the Gate counter apologetically.

Her flight was supposed to be at 2:30 PM, landing in exactly 59 minutes and then she had to take a cab to get to Somanth, which would have landed her at home exactly at 5 PM. Now, she was delayed? What if there were other delays on her way from Keshod to Somnath? She felt the familiar sting of frustrated tears prick her eyes.

"Will it be just an hour?" asked Raavi. She felt her nose sting and felt her cheeks go hot in despair.

The lady at the gate counter named Geeta felt bad for the poor woman on the verge of tears. "Mam, that's the hope. But, you never know with airplane delays. So, please be positive... please don't cry, Mam."

"Its just.. I want to go back to my h-h-hu-husband," said Raavi sniffling, "I even got all dressed up..." gesturing to her blue ultra-high rise slim fit jeans and a white noodle strap eyelet embroidered peplum top and colorful jhutis.

"Would it help if I said I was pregnant?" asked Raavi, in a desperate voice.

Geeta shook her head, saying, "Unfortunately, we can't speed along our processes because you are pregnant. Don't cry Mam, we are trying our best. Please sit and be patient."