𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞!

Depuis le début

"Jaehyun, whatever game you're playing at, I want no part of it."

"Game?" Jaehyun lets go of Taeyong's hand. "It's not...it's not a game. Johnny likes me. He has since high school, but confessed when I started uni." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly. "But I...I don't like him like that. I never have. But we...one night after a work function, we had a drunken one night stand." He flushes at the memory. "He confessed again in the morning. I turned him down again, and he suggested a friends with benefits relationship."

Taeyong's eyes widen slightly. "That's what it is?"

"Yeah, well, was," Jaehyun admits shyly. "It was meant to be no strings attached. I thought so anyway." He sighs. "I feel bad for stringing him along but...I didn't mean to. I didn't mean to hurt him." He looks away. "I really didn't. Johnny means a lot to me, and maybe I subconsciously used him?" Jaehyun runs a hand through his hair. "That's what the fight was about. Partially. I was ignoring him after our fight the other night after the work dinner. He got too possessive again." Jaehyun shudders at the memory of this morning, of Johnny breaking his promise to never hurt him, and not listening when Jaehyun said 'no'.

"Does he get possessive often?" Taeyong asks. He already knows the answer.

"He never used to. At least, not in front of me," Jaehyun answers, taking a sip of his wine. Taeyong glances down at his own glass that Jaehyun had slid across the bench. He didn't even notice when Jaehyun had filled it. He picks it up and takes a sip. "The fight this morning was mostly about him being possessive, but also because I was ignoring him. He was mad because someone opened my messages..." He looks down at Taeyong with raised eyebrows. Taeyong coughs awkwardly, cheeks pinking like fairy floss.

"Uh...about that..."

"Why did you invade my privacy like that, Hyung?" Jaehyun asks., voice quiet.

Taeyong toes at the ground. "I was...jealous? I didn't know you and Johnny had fought the night prior. When I was ordering my pizza he sent a message that just struck me as odd. I got curious..."

Jaehyun bit his lip. "How much did you read?"

"Enough," Taeyong murmured. "Obviously it was before you confessed...but Johnny's messages made it seem like you two were having a lovers' quarrel...and I kind of wanted you to myself...?"

Jaehyun's heart stutters. It was a little endearing hearing Taeyong admitting he was jealous. He was still a little peeved at his Hyung for reading his messages, but he couldn't stay mad at his pretty supervisor when he was looking all dejected and sad like that. Not when those huge autumn boba eyes framed in thick lashes were staring up at him and glittering like the stars.

"I'm sorry, Jaehyun, really." He says quietly. "I just...I don't know, I really like you and I kind of...panicked?"

"It's okay, Hyung," Jaehyun offers a smile. "Just...please don't ever do that again."

"I won't. I just...I didn't want to come between you and Johnny if there was something between you both as well." He twiddles his thumbs shyly. "But then you confessed to me so I figured there was no issue."

Jaehyun exhales quietly. "Johnny is just...I don't know, I didn't think he'd do something like that to me—or you—for that matter. I just...my head is all muddled."

Taeyong's pink lips quirk up at the corners delicately, and he takes Jaehyun's hand in his once again. "I know what might make it better." His tone is light, a teasing edge to it. Jaehyun's ears burn, and all thoughts of Johnny evaporate like water in the desert.

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶⠀⁷ ⁸ ³ ⁵ ⁶ ²⠀⁷ ²⠀¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷