When she realized it was him, she made no attempt to wear a mask, letting her face fall back into the same worry as before.

Naturally, she felt at ease.

However, she lightly bowed her head in embarrassment, and he could barley see the way her lower lips slipped in between the sharp edges of the two rows of teeth for just a moment as she considered the answer she could give him.

'Should I Ask?' she wondered. 'He should know....' She told herself. 'If anyone would know...he would.' she then thought with certainty, all as he looked at her in wait and curiosity.

He noticed that she must have something to tell him, something that had been on her mind and she was just a bit too bashful to speak of. Every so often she went to him too ask rather strange questions, some that were answered with mirth and amusement.

"I used to think babies were made with kisses," (f/n) confessed, the young woman flushed at the nonsensical thinking of the 8 year old version of herself.

She even bowed her head in embarrassment at the confession, and Dio only snickered as they sat together on the grass, looking out into an open field.

By then they'd been into their teen years, the earlier ones around 14-15, and they'd have time to actually talk, sometimes about certain things too embarrassing to ask adults.

They were different, very different because Dio had known at that age, at just 8.

His mother had died when he was young, and in his father's care he'd been exposed to plenty.

He was left in many places that weren't meant for children when he wasn't left home alone, when Dario schemed that people would feel more pity and less caution if a poor child was involved.

-And it had worked until people started recognizing them.

And when he'd grown just a little bit older, trying to scavenge for enough to get a meal, he'd seen certain things as well. He was hardly ever around a decent crowed.

- All while (f/n) thought of how one single kiss, innocent as it would be could make her a child.

"Oh, so if I were to kiss you now, we'd make a child , right?" he questioned her, and her immediate response was to peep out , frantic 'No!'

"That's now how they're made!" she said hastily.

"Then would you still want a kiss?" he asked her, leaning in closer before she swatted him away.

"Of course not!" she told him, "Besides, we'd have to be in love for the child to happen," she said in an all too certain tone, one he actually laughed at.

"Love?!" he continued to chuckle.

He'd never seen her so frustrated and embarrassed, all at the same time.

As she tightly held the fabric of her skirt into fisted balls, he had to look away to hide the enormous grin her wore.

'Such a silly girl,' he thought to himself.

"I already told you..." she mumbled lowly, begrudgingly. "I used to think that...I don't think that any more," she told him.

"You seem rather convinced to me," Dio said back teasingly.

"If you know so much, then do tell....how are they made?" he asked her, and she made a little sound of discomfort, something of a mix between a groan and a huff.