Comfort

I walked into my room still with tears in my eyes and found Alex sat leaning against my bed looking at the photo of Daisy, George, him and myself that sat in my bedside cabinet. He looked around at the sound of me closing the door and he stood up. When I turned turned face him and he saw the tears in my eyes he rushed over to me and pulled me into a comforting embrace.

"Hazel, oh Hazel my love," He whispered

"I hate father" I replied, slightly muffled as my head was leaning on his shoulder.

We sat on the floor, leant against my bed and Alex put his arms around me protectively when we heard a knock on the door.

"If it's father leave me alone, however if it's not you can come inside" I called.

The door opened and in came my mother, jie jie, Rose and Mei each carrying a small tray of sweet things and drinks. 

"Ying Ying, we all think Vincent is being stupid so we are coming to comfort you and I have a plan to ensure that your father accepts the two of you." my mother said

"Thank you Ah mah," I responded sniffling.

"What's the plan," Alex asked 

My mother took off her engagement ring and gave it to Alex causing jie jie, mei and rose to gasp. I gasped as well when I saw what my mother did. I quickly hid my face in Alex's shoulder so that no one saw the tears in my eyes (even though now they were happy tears). Alex just looked confused so jie jie explained that when a mother in the Wong family took off her engagement ring and gave it to her eldest daughter's fiance it shows that the mother has given her blessing. 

"Exactly, so to make the plan work this is what will happen" My mother continued by telling Alex that he should propose with her engagement ring to put on a show and to make it official. 

Alex and I thought that my mother's plan was a good idea so we agreed to go ahead and carry it out, which made me give a watery smirk (I've been infected by the Daisy virus).