Arc 3 chapter 5: start the party

Start from the beginning

Ironic...

"Ok guys, I think it's best if we send this little guy on his little way. He's obviously a spy," Kanzaki said.

"No! He might get beat up more if he goes back to class C!" Ichinose argued.

It was only the second day, and already I was starting to doubt the intelligence of some of my classmates.

"Proposal: we give him some food, and send him off on his own." Shibata said.

"Counterproposal: we let him stay here, but we ask him to leave for a little while when it's time to occupy the spot again." Said Amikura.

There was much bickering like this going on, so I decided to put a stop to it.

"Why don't we take him back to class C ourselves? Then, we can see if he'd be safe there or not," I suggested.

...

"Good plan, Ayanokouji-san," was the general consensus.

So that was how Ichinose, Kaneda and I set of for class C's base camp.

As we neared the edge of the forest, we saw the beach, and a large group of class C students on that beach. Ichinose and I could never have imagined the situation we beheld.

"No way...all that stuff...is it even possible?"

Even beholding the very real spectacle, Ichinose kept repeating the word "impossible." I felt the same.

They had installed temporary toilets and shower rooms. But they also had a tarp to protect against sunlight, a
barbecue, chairs, and a parasol. They had snacks and drinks. Everything required for a good, relaxing time was here. We smelled the smoke of cooking meat, and heard laughter. Jet skis whizzed past the shoreline. Students were enjoying themselves in the ocean, screaming with joy. Based on a rough calculation, they'd likely spent 150 points or more.

"Woah...that all looks real expensive," Ichinose murmured.

"Let's check things out. Let me do the talking once we get there." I said.

We came out from the bushes and walked to the beach. One of the male students noticed us, and called out to another male student nearby. We couldn't see his face to well, since he was leaning over in his chair. One of the boys rushed over to us.

"Um, Ryuuen-san had requested your presence," he said. I recognised him. He was Ishizaki Daichi, from the Sudou trial. So, he was still a loyal dog, it seems.

We accompanied him. As we approached the ocean, the delicious smell of cooked meat wafted by our noses.

"This is outrageous."

Our class didn't seem to know how to have a vacation. We approached the man in command of this hedonistic paradise.

"I thought someone was sniffing around. It's you, huh? What business do you have with me?"

"You seem to be doing well for yourself. This looks like quite the extravagant party."

Ryuuen, tanned and clad in his swimwear, laid back in his chair. He flashed his white teeth at us.