draft

PaleKnight has joined the chat.

EliteSkin: Who are you?

B1ueA1ien: Ooh, new member

BlackRats: Hello

PaleKnight: Hello.

EliteSkin: How did you find this chat room?

PaleKnight: What do you mean? I got it from the Riddlers blog.

B1ueA1ien: Chill out, Skin.

B1ueA1ien: He's safe, I'm sure of it.

Riddles4u is active.

EliteSkin: If you say so..

Riddles4u: What's going on?

Blackrats: New member.

Riddles4u: Oh, welcome.

He could only hope that his username was believable enough.

After going through so much effort to be accepted into the Riddlers private blog, getting the information from a mole, and then having to use a fake ip address so his identity wouldn't be leaked amongst them, it would be a shame to get his cover blown now.

Bruce sat at his computer, the bags under his eyes accentuated due to the countless hours of insomnia ridden sleepless nights, spent researching and sitting at his lonely desk.

There was a certain longing deep down in his chest, ever since the news blared the Riddlers great escape from Arkham all across the city, the only thought plaguing his mind and consuming every fiber of his conscious was finding Edward Nashton. A pit in his chest that got deeper with every thought that dawned on him.

A cool sweat enveloped him as a message popped up in his inbox, shaking him awake from his trance like state,

New message!
Riddles4u: Hello, we don't get new me... more

His pulse seemed to increase and he started manually breathing, how could such a simple message rile him up like this?
He felt as though, after so many months of no contact with Edward, he could finally taste the sweet flavour of this closeness on his tongue, it made him dizzy, such a blissful feeling for such a measly little thing. It spread through his head and into his hands, suddenly feeling more energised than he did the whole week prior.

His fingers tingled as he clicked to view more of the message.

Riddles4u: Hello, we don't get new members often, why did you decide to join us?

Nothing too spectacular, but it still managed to make him lightheaded, finally, something, some sort of contact.

PaleKnight: I'm interested in your movement. I despise Gotham's higher ups as well.

God, that was stupid. He could've done better, now Edward is going to see right through him. He licked his dry lips, suddenly feeling his throat contract from dehydration.

Riddles4u: Interesting.

Riddles4u: Welcome then. Feel free to send me a message if you need something.

What..? That was it? Bruce felt a nudging urge to message him again, after so long, he was given just this crumb of attention? He wanted to have a conversation with him, something with meaning, though, with his current mindset he was sure he couldn't even form one proper sentence.

A sigh left him as he leaned back in his chair, underwhelmed and wanting to calm down. He thought about how to approach him again;

PaleKnight is typing...